2.5-Hour Rembrandt Skip-The-Line Walking Tour
Follow in the footsteps of the world’s most famous Dutch artist, Rembrandt, while visiting the streets and districts where he once lived. Walk through the streets and square that inspired the 17th century artist’s works and skip the line to his house.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a guided highlights tour with a personal touch
- Skip the line to enter Rembrandt's house
- Visit relevant sites related to the artist and his paintings
- Walk through Spiegelquarter, Rembrandt Square, Jewish Quarter and more
- Learn all that there is to learn about one of the most famous Dutch artists
DescriptionStart your tour with a walk through Spiegelquarter, a district known for a wide array of antiques and artistic goods. Afterwards, wander the Keizersgracht, or Emperor’s canal, where your guide will discuss one of Rembrandt’s most successful apprentices. In Rembrandt Square, hear about the Night Watch Guards, who were characters in one of the artist’s most popular works. His painting is recreated here in bronze sculpture. In Staalstraat, learn about the local Drapers Guild, represented by Rembrandt. Finally, in Waterloo Square, discover the former Jewish Quarter, home to a variety of immigrants including Rembrandt and his wife. The couple spent many years living here, near the Amstel River, where their house still stands as a museum dedicated to the artist’s life. It includes etchings and other works done by Rembrandt himself. The furnishings are authentic to the 1600s, reconstituted thanks to auction archives from the period. Expore Rembrandt’s office and see how he produced his work, peeking at the more intimate side of the artist’s life.
IncludesSkip-the-line access Entrance fee Professional local tour guide Hotel pick-up or drop off Gratuities (optional) Luggage or coat storage Food and beverages
- No bags or suitcases are allowed on the tour, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, and the tour is unfortunately not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the monument’s management occur, in which case you will be provided with an appropriate alternative route
- Some specific monuments are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted speaking, or do not allow skip-the-line entry; in these cases your guide will provide the information about the monument from outside
- Please provide a phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip during booking
- All travelers need a valid ID on the day of the trip
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Van Gogh Museum & Rijksmuseum Tour Canal Cruise & Lunch
Skip the lines to Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum and see masterpieces by Van Gogh, Rembrandt and more. Enjoy a light lunch, then enjoy a cruise of the Cana55 ReviewsFrom €115.00
Private Family Fun Rijksmuseum Tour
A guided family tour of the Rijksmuseum that caters to everyone. While you can hear stories about all the great art objects and paintings, your kids are given clues and pFrom €54.00
From Private Delft, The Hague & Madurodam Tour
After your driver picks you up from your hotel in Amsterdam, you will be driven to the nearby city of Delft where you will tour the sights. Then, head to The Hague, whereFrom €505.00
Amsterdam 2-Hour Bicycle Tour
See Amsterdam like a local on a 2-hour bike tour of the city’s major attractions. Riding with an experienced guide, see fascinating sites and districts, such at the Jor205 ReviewsFrom €24.50
Madame Tussauds & Amsterdam Dungeon Combo Ticket
See your favorite stars cast in wax at Madame Tussauds Amsterdam and enjoy interactive photo sets of the stars of the screen, politics and music. Prepare to laugh and scr52 ReviewsFrom €28.00
1.5–Hour Red Light District Daytime Walking Tour
Discover the Red Light District of Amsterdam with a professional local Dutch guide. Go past the scenic canals into the narrowest alleys of this famous area, as you learnFrom €20.00
Private Day Trip From Amsterdam to Rotterdam and Kinderdijk
Take the day to enjoy the picturesque windmills in the countryside, go on a boat tour, then explore the wonderful city of Rotterdam and its amazing architecture with a guFrom €540.00
Guided Italian Walking Tour
A 1.5-hour walking tour through Amsterdam with an Italian-speaking guide who lives in the city. You will get the chance to see the top attractions whilst exploring the ce1 ReviewsFrom €18.00
Amsterdam Nightlife Scene 2 or 7-Day Ticket
Experience the nightlife of Amsterdam with just 1 ticket, valid for 2 or 7 days, and enjoy entrance to more than 12 clubs. Get a free welcome drink in 8 of the clubs. You68 ReviewsFrom €12.00
Amsterdam to Schiphol Private Transfer
Relax with a private transport from your accommodation in Amsterdam to Schiphol Airport. Sit back and let your driver do all the work as you take a scenic drive to your aFrom €10.00