Countryside Boat Cruise Tour of Monnickendam
Glide around the stunning waterways of Amsterdam’s countryside and discover the green fields and small canals of Monnickendam, then marvel at some of the most beautiful houses, gardens and bridges in the tiny village of Broek in Waterland.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Marvel at the most beautiful countryside villages of the Netherlands from the waterside
- Cruise along the green landscapes, see a windmill, the grazing animals and quaint Dutch villages
- Discover the village Broek in Waterland known as the Venice of the north
- Enjoy this small group cruise with a maximum of only 12 people
DescriptionStart your countryside cruise in Monnickendam and meet your captain for the trip at the large local church. Once aboard the boat, enjoy a refreshing drink and sit back and relax as your journey begins. As you sip your drink, travel along the stunning watery region and marvel at the green fields full of grazing animals and the large farms that line the banks of the tiny canals. Travel through various waters, along some of the area’s smallest canals which are used to regulate the water levels of the meadows and fields, as well as crossing some of the largest lakes and rivers. These typical Dutch landscapes are flatter than flat and the perfect place to snap a photo of the panoramic views for your holiday album. After cruising for about 45 minutes, the boat arrives in the beautiful village of Broek in Waterland. This quaint little location is almost like something from a fairy tale, its only 15 minutes from the city center of Amsterdam but you will feel as though you have been transported to a different world. Home to the richest residents of the area, the houses are absolutely stunning and incredibly well-maintained, with pretty wooden facades and large gardens full of flowers, plants and trees. On the sail back to Monnickendam, spot the town’s tall church spires and marvel one of the largest harbors in the Netherlands. After your boat trip, explore the pretty town by foot and immerse yourself in the local way of life.
Includes1.5 hours cruise to Broek in Waterland A captain/guide 1 drink per person (water or soft drink) A (toilet) stop in between in Broek in Waterland Meals
- The boat will be navigated by a captain who is also your guide, it will not be possible to sail the boat yourself
- This cruise is a great experience for children as well. We will provide smaller children who cannot swim with a life-jacket
- There are no toilets on board of the boat. You will have the possibility to go to the toilet in between as we make a small stop in Broek in Waterland
- Bring your camera with you as you can make the most beautiful pictures during this cruise. However pay attention to the fact that it is an open boat with water on both sides, so hold your camera with you. Any loss or damages will by your own liability
- One drink per person will be included. Extra drinks can be purchased for €1,50 per person and can only be paid in cash. Alcoholic drinks are available for €3,- per person
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Dutch Countryside Tour in Spanish
Discover the charms of the Dutch countryside on this day trip from Amsterdam and visit the picturesque towns of Edam, Volendam, Marken, and Zaanse Schans. Learn about DutFrom €35.00
Learn about the craft of diamond polishing during a highly exclusive, hands-on workshop. Discover the origin of diamonds and see some amazing diamond artifacts. Polish yoFrom €475.00
Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Moco Museum Combined Ticket
Enjoy a combination canal cruise tour with skip-the-line entry to the Moco Museum in Amsterdam. Cruise past beautiful bridges and merchant houses then admire some iconicFrom €27.90
Jewish History Tour
Learn the important history of the Jewish community in The Netherlands on a history tour of Amsterdam. Explore the difference between the Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews, visFrom €36.00
Concertgebouw Behind the Scenes Tour
Take a look behind the scenes of one of the world's most famous concert venues on a tour of the Concertgebouw in central Amsterdam, and access areas that are normally hid19 ReviewsFrom €11.00
SummerConcerts at Royal Concertgebouw Amsterdam
SummerConcerts presents a series of concerts in July and August, ranging from classical to jazz and from chansons to film scores. Top musicians from the Netherlands and a34 ReviewsFrom €35.00
- Best Seller
Volendam, Marken & Windmills with Free 1-Hour Canal Cruise
Explore the Dutch countryside and leave Amsterdam behind for a half-day tour with free canal cruise included. See the famous Zaanse Shans windmills, explore the quaint fi2761 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Amsterdam Half-Day to Zaanse Schans & Moco Museum Ticket
Get a taste of old and new Dutch culture on this guided day-trip. Visit the preserved windmills of the Zaanse Schans for a slice of traditional Dutch, followed by a visitFrom €42.50
1.5-Hour Private Prosecco Canal Cruise
Sip on sparkling prosecco as you explore Amsterdam's Canal Belt on a 1.5-hour private cruise. Relax while a local skipper navigates you past sights such as Anne Frank’s26 ReviewsFrom €35.00
2-Hour Coffee Shop Culture Tour
Experience the coffee shop culture of Amsterdam on a 2-hour walking tour, and visit the city’s infamous coffee shops. Take a journey of discovery through the city’s r1 ReviewsFrom €80.00