Countryside Boat Cruise Tour of Monnickendam
Glide around the stunning waterways of Amsterdam’s countryside and discover the green fields and small canals of Monnickendam, then marvel at some of the most beautiful houses, gardens and bridges in the tiny village of Broek in Waterland.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Marvel at the most beautiful countryside villages of the Netherlands from the waterside
- Cruise along the green landscapes, see a windmill, the grazing animals and quaint Dutch villages
- Discover the village Broek in Waterland known as the Venice of the north
- Enjoy this small group cruise with a maximum of only 12 people
DescriptionStart your countryside cruise in Monnickendam and meet your captain for the trip at the large local church. Once aboard the boat, enjoy a refreshing drink and sit back and relax as your journey begins. As you sip your drink, travel along the stunning watery region and marvel at the green fields full of grazing animals and the large farms that line the banks of the tiny canals. Travel through various waters, along some of the area’s smallest canals which are used to regulate the water levels of the meadows and fields, as well as crossing some of the largest lakes and rivers. These typical Dutch landscapes are flatter than flat and the perfect place to snap a photo of the panoramic views for your holiday album. After cruising for about 45 minutes, the boat arrives in the beautiful village of Broek in Waterland. This quaint little location is almost like something from a fairy tale, its only 15 minutes from the city center of Amsterdam but you will feel as though you have been transported to a different world. Home to the richest residents of the area, the houses are absolutely stunning and incredibly well-maintained, with pretty wooden facades and large gardens full of flowers, plants and trees. On the sail back to Monnickendam, spot the town’s tall church spires and marvel one of the largest harbors in the Netherlands. After your boat trip, explore the pretty town by foot and immerse yourself in the local way of life.
Includes1.5 hours cruise to Broek in Waterland A captain/guide 1 drink per person (water or soft drink) A (toilet) stop in between in Broek in Waterland Meals
- The boat will be navigated by a captain who is also your guide, it will not be possible to sail the boat yourself
- This cruise is a great experience for children as well. We will provide smaller children who cannot swim with a life-jacket
- There are no toilets on board of the boat. You will have the possibility to go to the toilet in between as we make a small stop in Broek in Waterland
- Bring your camera with you as you can make the most beautiful pictures during this cruise. However pay attention to the fact that it is an open boat with water on both sides, so hold your camera with you. Any loss or damages will by your own liability
- One drink per person will be included. Extra drinks can be purchased for €1,50 per person and can only be paid in cash. Alcoholic drinks are available for €3,- per person
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Van Gogh Museum & Rijksmuseum Tour Canal Cruise & Lunch
Skip the lines to Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum and see masterpieces by Van Gogh, Rembrandt and more. Enjoy a light lunch, then enjoy a cruise of the Cana55 ReviewsFrom €115.00
Private Family Fun Rijksmuseum Tour
A guided family tour of the Rijksmuseum that caters to everyone. While you can hear stories about all the great art objects and paintings, your kids are given clues and pFrom €54.00
From Private Delft, The Hague & Madurodam Tour
After your driver picks you up from your hotel in Amsterdam, you will be driven to the nearby city of Delft where you will tour the sights. Then, head to The Hague, whereFrom €505.00
Amsterdam 2-Hour Bicycle Tour
See Amsterdam like a local on a 2-hour bike tour of the city’s major attractions. Riding with an experienced guide, see fascinating sites and districts, such at the Jor205 ReviewsFrom €24.50
Madame Tussauds & Amsterdam Dungeon Combo Ticket
See your favorite stars cast in wax at Madame Tussauds Amsterdam and enjoy interactive photo sets of the stars of the screen, politics and music. Prepare to laugh and scr52 ReviewsFrom €28.00
1.5–Hour Red Light District Daytime Walking Tour
Discover the Red Light District of Amsterdam with a professional local Dutch guide. Go past the scenic canals into the narrowest alleys of this famous area, as you learnFrom €20.00
Private Day Trip From Amsterdam to Rotterdam and Kinderdijk
Take the day to enjoy the picturesque windmills in the countryside, go on a boat tour, then explore the wonderful city of Rotterdam and its amazing architecture with a guFrom €540.00
Guided Italian Walking Tour
A 1.5-hour walking tour through Amsterdam with an Italian-speaking guide who lives in the city. You will get the chance to see the top attractions whilst exploring the ce1 ReviewsFrom €18.00
Amsterdam Nightlife Scene 2 or 7-Day Ticket
Experience the nightlife of Amsterdam with just 1 ticket, valid for 2 or 7 days, and enjoy entrance to more than 12 clubs. Get a free welcome drink in 8 of the clubs. You68 ReviewsFrom €12.00
Amsterdam to Schiphol Private Transfer
Relax with a private transport from your accommodation in Amsterdam to Schiphol Airport. Sit back and let your driver do all the work as you take a scenic drive to your aFrom €10.00