Amsterdam Red Light District & Coffee Shop Walking Tour
Discover the infamous Red Light District and coffee shop culture of Amsterdam on a private, 2.5-hour walking tour. Get a unique perspective of Amsterdam’s notorious side, where cannabis and prostitution is legal and next door to schools and churches.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Learn about Amsterdam's famous tolerance to drugs and prostitution
- Explore the narrow streets of the Red Light District
- See the infamous windows of the sex workers
- Hear about Amsterdam's first coffee shop and learn what is legal and what is not
- Get insider tips from a local guide
- Go to the Tower of Tears where Henry Hudson set sail to North America
DescriptionExplore the notorious Red Light District of Amsterdam with a private guide, and learn about the city’s famous tolerance to drugs and prostitution in one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods. Wander the narrow cobblestone streets to see the sex workers’ windows, legal drug vendors, and live sex shows. Hear stories of how prostitution works in the city, and get tips on the dos and don’ts of the area. Learn about Amsterdam’s famous coffee shops where cannabis is sold, and discover what is legal and what is definitely not! Your guide will explain what a coffee shop is, tell you what products are made from hemp, and much more. Along the way, discover the Condomerie condom store, see shops selling hardcore leather and sex goods, hear about the xxx-rated video cabins, and go to Elite Street and the prostitution information center. Visit Amsterdam’s 1st coffee shop and see the historic defense tower of the Schreierstoren (Tower of Tears).
IncludesPrivate guide Food and drinks Gratuity (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please bring your ID on the day of the tour
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who is intoxicated or shows signs of intoxication. If your tour is canceled for this reason, you will not be entitled to a refund
- This tour is offered as either a private tour or a semi-private tour (10 guests maximum)
- For semi-private tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to run - an alternative date or full refund will be offered if minimum numbers are not met
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Dutch Countryside Tour in Spanish
Discover the charms of the Dutch countryside on this day trip from Amsterdam and visit the picturesque towns of Edam, Volendam, Marken, and Zaanse Schans. Learn about DutFrom €35.00
Learn about the craft of diamond polishing during a highly exclusive, hands-on workshop. Discover the origin of diamonds and see some amazing diamond artifacts. Polish yoFrom €475.00
Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Moco Museum Combined Ticket
Enjoy a combination canal cruise tour with skip-the-line entry to the Moco Museum in Amsterdam. Cruise past beautiful bridges and merchant houses then admire some iconicFrom €27.90
Jewish History Tour
Learn the important history of the Jewish community in The Netherlands on a history tour of Amsterdam. Explore the difference between the Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews, visFrom €36.00
Concertgebouw Behind the Scenes Tour
Take a look behind the scenes of one of the world's most famous concert venues on a tour of the Concertgebouw in central Amsterdam, and access areas that are normally hid19 ReviewsFrom €11.00
SummerConcerts at Royal Concertgebouw Amsterdam
SummerConcerts presents a series of concerts in July and August, ranging from classical to jazz and from chansons to film scores. Top musicians from the Netherlands and a34 ReviewsFrom €35.00
- Best Seller
Volendam, Marken & Windmills with Free 1-Hour Canal Cruise
Explore the Dutch countryside and leave Amsterdam behind for a half-day tour with free canal cruise included. See the famous Zaanse Shans windmills, explore the quaint fi2761 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Amsterdam Half-Day to Zaanse Schans & Moco Museum Ticket
Get a taste of old and new Dutch culture on this guided day-trip. Visit the preserved windmills of the Zaanse Schans for a slice of traditional Dutch, followed by a visitFrom €42.50
1.5-Hour Private Prosecco Canal Cruise
Sip on sparkling prosecco as you explore Amsterdam's Canal Belt on a 1.5-hour private cruise. Relax while a local skipper navigates you past sights such as Anne Frank’s26 ReviewsFrom €35.00
2-Hour Coffee Shop Culture Tour
Experience the coffee shop culture of Amsterdam on a 2-hour walking tour, and visit the city’s infamous coffee shops. Take a journey of discovery through the city’s r1 ReviewsFrom €80.00