Red Light District Tour in German
Discover Amsterdam's infamous red light district on a 1.5-hour tour with a German city guide. Learn more about the work of prostitutes, the sex theaters with their quirky shows, as well as the history of the district.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the famous Red Light District of Amsterdam in a small group with a witty, young German guide
- Learn what is happening in the many sex clubs and laugh at one of the bizarre sex shows and theaters
- Learn how the prostitutes earn their living and look behind the scenes of the Red Light District
DescriptionDiscover Amsterdam's infamous Red Light District on a humorous 1.5-hour tour with a German guide. Learn how much on average a prostitute earns per night, how many customers they have per shift and which sexual acts pay the largest sums. The 1.5-hour tour highlights all the positive as well as negative aspects of the Amsterdam Red Light District. From the National Monument on Dam Square go to Warmoestraat, one of the most famous Gay streets in Amsterdam. Pass the Condomerie, a condom store that specializes in all kinds of rubbers, then go further into the heart of the district to the Prostitution Information Center (PIC). Former prostitutes are dedicated to educational work at the information center and are trying to dispel prejudices about prostitution. Directly opposite lies the Old Church (Oude Kerk), the oldest church in Amsterdam and probably the only church in the world which is surrounded by prostitution. The special situation of the Old Church helped enforce its great wealth, because sinners of the night felt obliged to wash their contaminated souls clean through a generous donation or 'sin tax'. Around the square the church is surrounded by a row of windows flooded by red lights revealing attractive, scantily-clad women. Discover more about the process of negotiations between customers and prostitutes, about their income and expenses, prices, room rental and taxes, but also about the women's security. Past Amsterdam's first commercial coffeeshop, the city tour leads to a peepshow from the 70's. The visit to the peepshow is a small highlight of the tour. The peepshow was once the most popular establishment of the entire district, today it is a nostalgic gem in a street of absurd sex shows.
IncludesRed Light District tour German-speaking city guide Peepshow (2 EUR) Snack Beverages Tip
- Please note that in summer it gets dark at around 10:00 PM
- On Fridays and Saturdays a lot of tourists visit the Red Light District. If you would like a quieter tour please take the tour on another day
- The tour will take place in any weather. Don't forget an umbrella for rainy days
- Distance traveled is approximately 1.8 kilometers at a comfortable pace during the city tour
- It is forbidden to take photos of the prostitutes
- Participants of the public tour 16 years old and older must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants can go on the public tour unaccompanied from 18 years of age. Participants younger than 16 can only participate in a private tour. The private tour can be adjusted depending on their age
- For a €22 surcharge a historical city tour can be booked
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Keukenhof & Zaanse Schans Tour with Canal Cruise
Experience all of the Dutch icons in a day. You will see the tulips in Keukenhof, and encounter cheese and clogs at the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. Later, you will14 ReviewsFrom €79.00
The Anne Frank Story & Neighborhood Walking Tour
Walk in the footsteps of Anne Frank on this 2-hour small group tour of the area where she spent her childhood from the moment she moved to Amsterdam until she went into h9 ReviewsFrom €22.00
Learn about the craft of diamond polishing during a highly exclusive, hands-on workshop. Discover the origin of diamonds and see some amazing diamond artifacts. Polish yoFrom €475.00
Christmas Lights and Festive Delights
Discover Amsterdam at its most magical time of year as the Christmas lights glitter and the whole city gets into the festive spirit. Your customized experience will be bu1 ReviewsFrom €59.26
Foam Photography Museum Admission Ticket
Foam celebrates photography in all its forms, from historical to documentary and contemporary. In addition to the large exhibitions in which the work of noted photographe23 ReviewsFrom €12.50
Johan Cruijff ArenA Stadium 75-Minute Tour
Feel the beating heart of Ajax while enjoying a 75-minute ArenA Stadium Tour. Your enthusiastic guide will tell you all the ins & outs of the stadium and AFC Ajax and tak663 ReviewsFrom €15.00
Anne Frank Story & Private 2-Hour Neighborhood Tour
Walk in the footsteps of Anne Frank on this 2-hour private tour of the area where she spent her childhood from the moment she moved to Amsterdam until she went into hidin38 ReviewsFrom €29.00
Van Gogh Museum & Rijksmuseum Tour Canal Cruise & Lunch
Skip the lines to Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum and see masterpieces by Van Gogh, Rembrandt and more. Enjoy a light lunch, then enjoy a cruise of the Cana55 ReviewsFrom €115.00
Red Light District Game Show Tour in German
Explore Amsterdam’s Red Light District by night with this exciting walking tour trivia game. With the help of your expert guide, get a glimpse of the historical secret1 ReviewsFrom €22.00
The I Amsterdam City Card
Get the key to Amsterdam with an official I amsterdam City Card. Visit dozens of museums and attractions for free or at a discount, enjoy unlimited access to Amsterdam's1658 ReviewsFrom €60.00