Red Light District Tour in German
Discover Amsterdam's infamous red light district on a 1.5-hour tour with a German city guide. Learn more about the work of prostitutes, the sex theaters with their quirky shows, as well as the history of the district.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the famous Red Light District of Amsterdam in a small group with a witty, young German guide
- Learn what is happening in the many sex clubs and laugh at one of the bizarre sex shows and theaters
- Learn how the prostitutes earn their living and look behind the scenes of the Red Light District
DescriptionDiscover Amsterdam's infamous Red Light District on a humorous 1.5-hour tour with a German guide. Learn how much on average a prostitute earns per night, how many customers they have per shift and which sexual acts pay the largest sums. The 1.5-hour tour highlights all the positive as well as negative aspects of the Amsterdam Red Light District. From the National Monument on Dam Square go to Warmoestraat, one of the most famous Gay streets in Amsterdam. Pass the Condomerie, a condom store that specializes in all kinds of rubbers, then go further into the heart of the district to the Prostitution Information Center (PIC). Former prostitutes are dedicated to educational work at the information center and are trying to dispel prejudices about prostitution. Directly opposite lies the Old Church (Oude Kerk), the oldest church in Amsterdam and probably the only church in the world which is surrounded by prostitution. The special situation of the Old Church helped enforce its great wealth, because sinners of the night felt obliged to wash their contaminated souls clean through a generous donation or 'sin tax'. Around the square the church is surrounded by a row of windows flooded by red lights revealing attractive, scantily-clad women. Discover more about the process of negotiations between customers and prostitutes, about their income and expenses, prices, room rental and taxes, but also about the women's security. Past Amsterdam's first commercial coffeeshop, the city tour leads to a peepshow from the 70's. The visit to the peepshow is a small highlight of the tour. The peepshow was once the most popular establishment of the entire district, today it is a nostalgic gem in a street of absurd sex shows.
IncludesRed Light District tour German-speaking city guide Peepshow (2 EUR) Snack Beverages Tip
- Please note that in summer it gets dark at around 10:00 PM
- On Fridays and Saturdays a lot of tourists visit the Red Light District. If you would like a quieter tour please take the tour on another day
- The tour will take place in any weather. Don't forget an umbrella for rainy days
- Distance traveled is approximately 1.8 kilometers at a comfortable pace during the city tour
- It is forbidden to take photos of the prostitutes
- Participants of the public tour 16 years old and older must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants can go on the public tour unaccompanied from 18 years of age. Participants younger than 16 can only participate in a private tour. The private tour can be adjusted depending on their age
- For a €22 surcharge a historical city tour can be booked
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Dutch Countryside Tour in Spanish
Discover the charms of the Dutch countryside on this day trip from Amsterdam and visit the picturesque towns of Edam, Volendam, Marken, and Zaanse Schans. Learn about DutFrom €35.00
Learn about the craft of diamond polishing during a highly exclusive, hands-on workshop. Discover the origin of diamonds and see some amazing diamond artifacts. Polish yoFrom €475.00
Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Moco Museum Combined Ticket
Enjoy a combination canal cruise tour with skip-the-line entry to the Moco Museum in Amsterdam. Cruise past beautiful bridges and merchant houses then admire some iconicFrom €27.90
Jewish History Tour
Learn the important history of the Jewish community in The Netherlands on a history tour of Amsterdam. Explore the difference between the Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews, visFrom €36.00
Concertgebouw Behind the Scenes Tour
Take a look behind the scenes of one of the world's most famous concert venues on a tour of the Concertgebouw in central Amsterdam, and access areas that are normally hid19 ReviewsFrom €11.00
SummerConcerts at Royal Concertgebouw Amsterdam
SummerConcerts presents a series of concerts in July and August, ranging from classical to jazz and from chansons to film scores. Top musicians from the Netherlands and a34 ReviewsFrom €35.00
- Best Seller
Volendam, Marken & Windmills with Free 1-Hour Canal Cruise
Explore the Dutch countryside and leave Amsterdam behind for a half-day tour with free canal cruise included. See the famous Zaanse Shans windmills, explore the quaint fi2761 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Amsterdam Half-Day to Zaanse Schans & Moco Museum Ticket
Get a taste of old and new Dutch culture on this guided day-trip. Visit the preserved windmills of the Zaanse Schans for a slice of traditional Dutch, followed by a visitFrom €42.50
1.5-Hour Private Prosecco Canal Cruise
Sip on sparkling prosecco as you explore Amsterdam's Canal Belt on a 1.5-hour private cruise. Relax while a local skipper navigates you past sights such as Anne Frank’s26 ReviewsFrom €35.00
2-Hour Coffee Shop Culture Tour
Experience the coffee shop culture of Amsterdam on a 2-hour walking tour, and visit the city’s infamous coffee shops. Take a journey of discovery through the city’s r1 ReviewsFrom €80.00