Red Light District Tour in German
Discover Amsterdam's infamous red light district on a 1.5-hour tour with a German city guide. Learn more about the work of prostitutes, the sex theaters with their quirky shows, as well as the history of the district.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the famous Red Light District of Amsterdam in a small group with a witty, young German guide
- Learn what is happening in the many sex clubs and laugh at one of the bizarre sex shows and theaters
- Learn how the prostitutes earn their living and look behind the scenes of the Red Light District
DescriptionDiscover Amsterdam's infamous Red Light District on a humorous 1.5-hour tour with a German guide. Learn how much on average a prostitute earns per night, how many customers they have per shift and which sexual acts pay the largest sums. The 1.5-hour tour highlights all the positive as well as negative aspects of the Amsterdam Red Light District. From the National Monument on Dam Square go to Warmoestraat, one of the most famous Gay streets in Amsterdam. Pass the Condomerie, a condom store that specializes in all kinds of rubbers, then go further into the heart of the district to the Prostitution Information Center (PIC). Former prostitutes are dedicated to educational work at the information center and are trying to dispel prejudices about prostitution. Directly opposite lies the Old Church (Oude Kerk), the oldest church in Amsterdam and probably the only church in the world which is surrounded by prostitution. The special situation of the Old Church helped enforce its great wealth, because sinners of the night felt obliged to wash their contaminated souls clean through a generous donation or 'sin tax'. Around the square the church is surrounded by a row of windows flooded by red lights revealing attractive, scantily-clad women. Discover more about the process of negotiations between customers and prostitutes, about their income and expenses, prices, room rental and taxes, but also about the women's security. Past Amsterdam's first commercial coffeeshop, the city tour leads to a peepshow from the 70's. The visit to the peepshow is a small highlight of the tour. The peepshow was once the most popular establishment of the entire district, today it is a nostalgic gem in a street of absurd sex shows.
IncludesRed Light District tour German-speaking city guide Peepshow (2 EUR) Snack Beverages Tip
- Please note that in summer it gets dark at around 10:00 PM
- On Fridays and Saturdays a lot of tourists visit the Red Light District. If you would like a quieter tour please take the tour on another day
- The tour will take place in any weather. Don't forget an umbrella for rainy days
- Distance traveled is approximately 1.8 kilometers at a comfortable pace during the city tour
- It is forbidden to take photos of the prostitutes
- Participants of the public tour 16 years old and older must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants can go on the public tour unaccompanied from 18 years of age. Participants younger than 16 can only participate in a private tour. The private tour can be adjusted depending on their age
- For a €22 surcharge a historical city tour can be booked
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Van Gogh Museum & Rijksmuseum Tour Canal Cruise & Lunch
Skip the lines to Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum and see masterpieces by Van Gogh, Rembrandt and more. Enjoy a light lunch, then enjoy a cruise of the Cana55 ReviewsFrom €115.00
Private Family Fun Rijksmuseum Tour
A guided family tour of the Rijksmuseum that caters to everyone. While you can hear stories about all the great art objects and paintings, your kids are given clues and pFrom €54.00
From Private Delft, The Hague & Madurodam Tour
After your driver picks you up from your hotel in Amsterdam, you will be driven to the nearby city of Delft where you will tour the sights. Then, head to The Hague, whereFrom €505.00
Amsterdam 2-Hour Bicycle Tour
See Amsterdam like a local on a 2-hour bike tour of the city’s major attractions. Riding with an experienced guide, see fascinating sites and districts, such at the Jor205 ReviewsFrom €24.50
Madame Tussauds & Amsterdam Dungeon Combo Ticket
See your favorite stars cast in wax at Madame Tussauds Amsterdam and enjoy interactive photo sets of the stars of the screen, politics and music. Prepare to laugh and scr52 ReviewsFrom €28.00
1.5–Hour Red Light District Daytime Walking Tour
Discover the Red Light District of Amsterdam with a professional local Dutch guide. Go past the scenic canals into the narrowest alleys of this famous area, as you learnFrom €20.00
Private Day Trip From Amsterdam to Rotterdam and Kinderdijk
Take the day to enjoy the picturesque windmills in the countryside, go on a boat tour, then explore the wonderful city of Rotterdam and its amazing architecture with a guFrom €540.00
Guided Italian Walking Tour
A 1.5-hour walking tour through Amsterdam with an Italian-speaking guide who lives in the city. You will get the chance to see the top attractions whilst exploring the ce1 ReviewsFrom €18.00
Amsterdam Nightlife Scene 2 or 7-Day Ticket
Experience the nightlife of Amsterdam with just 1 ticket, valid for 2 or 7 days, and enjoy entrance to more than 12 clubs. Get a free welcome drink in 8 of the clubs. You68 ReviewsFrom €12.00
Amsterdam to Schiphol Private Transfer
Relax with a private transport from your accommodation in Amsterdam to Schiphol Airport. Sit back and let your driver do all the work as you take a scenic drive to your aFrom €10.00