Rijksmuseum + Rembrandt House Skip-the-Line Tour
Complete your trip with an introduction to the city's artistic institutions. This combo tour ticks all the boxes with a visit to the Rijksmuseum, followed by a tour focusing on the life of world-famous artist Rembrandt.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a guided highlights tour with a personal touch
- Skip the line to enter Rijksmuseum and Rembrandt's house
- Get a full tour dedicated to one of the most famous Dutch artists
- Walk through Spiegelquarter, Rembrandt Square, Jewish Quarter and more
- Visit the famous Rijksmuseum and learn about Dutch history and art
DescriptionStart your tour at Holland’s answer to the Louvre, the Rijksmuseum, housing centuries of Dutch history and art. Explore over 8000 objects, including paintings and artifacts, with artists from the Dutch Golden Age like Rembrandt and Vermeer on display. From dollhouses to a captured British warship, the museum boasts a wide range of historical items. As the largest museum in Amsterdam, a visit is an absolute must. After lunch, dig deeper into Rembrandt’s life to learn all about this iconic Dutch artist. Walk through Spiegelquarter, a district known for a wide array of antiques and artistic goods. Afterwards, wander the Keizersgracht, or Emperor’s canal, to discuss one of Rembrandt’s most successful apprentices. In Rembrandt Square, hear about the Night Watch Guards, who were characters in one of the artist’s most popular works. His painting is recreated here in bronze sculpture. In Staalstraat, learn about the local Drapers Guild, represented by Rembrandt. Finally, in Waterloo Square, discover the former Jewish Quarter, home to a variety of immigrants including Rembrandt and his wife. The couple spent many years living here, near the Amstel River, where their house still stands as a museum dedicated to the artist’s life. It includes etchings and other works done by Rembrandt himself. The furnishings are authentic to the 1600s, reconstituted thanks to auction archives from the period. Wander Rembrandt’s office and see how he produced his work, peeking at the more intimate side of the artist’s life.
IncludesSkip-the-line access Entrance fee Professional local tour guide Hotel pick-up or drop off Gratuities (optional) Luggage or coat storage Food and beverages
- No bags or suitcases are allowed on the tour, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, and the tour is unfortunately not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the monument’s management occur, in which case you will be provided with an appropriate alternative route
- Some specific monuments are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted speaking, or do not allow skip-the-line entry; in these cases your guide will provide the information about the monument from outside
- Please provide a phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip during booking
- All travelers need a valid ID on the day of the trip
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Jordaan, Anne Frank, and Vondelpark Tour in Spanish
Take in several of Amsterdam's top attractions on a 3-hour tour in Spanish. Visit the Jordaan, learn about Anne Frank, take a walk in the Vondelpark, and discover the Mus10 ReviewsFrom €15.00
Cycle Amsterdam with a Local
It only takes 5 minutes to feel like a local Amsterdammer on your bike, as this small group tour takes you through the city center, financial district, and hidden spots o4 ReviewsFrom €36.00
Half-Day Introduction to the City
Get a full introduction to Amsterdam in one day with your guide on this walking tour, which covers all the main sights that the city has to offer.From €80.00
Tropenmuseum Entrance Ticket
Marvel at treasures from around the world with an entrance ticket to the Tropenmuseum, one of the largest museums in Amsterdam. Access the permanent and temporary exhibit6 ReviewsFrom €16.00
Red Light District Game Show Tour in German
Explore Amsterdam’s Red Light District by night with this exciting walking tour trivia game. With the help of your expert guide, get a glimpse of the historical secret1 ReviewsFrom €22.00
Windmills, Edam, Volendam & Marken Private Spanish Tour
Take a full-day excursion from Amsterdam to the Dutch countryside. Enjoy a customized tour route and explore the traditional and picturesque neighboring villages. Enjoy aFrom €455.00
- Best Seller
Hop-on-hop-off to Zaanse Schans, Edam & Volendam
Journey through the picturesque countryside of Holland aboard a hop-on hop-off bus. See the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans, learn more about cheese production at the170 ReviewsFrom €28.00
Amsterdam 5-Hour Guided Canoe Trip in the Wetlands
Enjoy an excursion into nature at a site close to Amsterdam. On this wetlands safari you’ll travel by canoe through a watery 17th-century landscape dominated by dense r5 ReviewsFrom €64.00
Master Pianists Concert at the Concertgebouw
Listen to a master pianist in concert, and experience the acoustics of Amsterdam's Concertgebouw concert hall, once described as the "best instrument of the orchestra thaFrom €59.13
Amsterdam 1.5-Hour Private Prosecco Group Bike
Travel along the streets of Amsterdam on a private group bike ride, as you enjoy some bubbly on board. Fun-filled activities are on offer as well on this activity that’34 ReviewsFrom €400.00