Rijksmuseum + Rembrandt House Skip-the-Line Tour
Complete your trip with an introduction to the city's artistic institutions. This combo tour ticks all the boxes with a visit to the Rijksmuseum, followed by a tour focusing on the life of world-famous artist Rembrandt.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a guided highlights tour with a personal touch
- Skip the line to enter Rijksmuseum and Rembrandt's house
- Get a full tour dedicated to one of the most famous Dutch artists
- Walk through Spiegelquarter, Rembrandt Square, Jewish Quarter and more
- Visit the famous Rijksmuseum and learn about Dutch history and art
DescriptionStart your tour at Holland’s answer to the Louvre, the Rijksmuseum, housing centuries of Dutch history and art. Explore over 8000 objects, including paintings and artifacts, with artists from the Dutch Golden Age like Rembrandt and Vermeer on display. From dollhouses to a captured British warship, the museum boasts a wide range of historical items. As the largest museum in Amsterdam, a visit is an absolute must. After lunch, dig deeper into Rembrandt’s life to learn all about this iconic Dutch artist. Walk through Spiegelquarter, a district known for a wide array of antiques and artistic goods. Afterwards, wander the Keizersgracht, or Emperor’s canal, to discuss one of Rembrandt’s most successful apprentices. In Rembrandt Square, hear about the Night Watch Guards, who were characters in one of the artist’s most popular works. His painting is recreated here in bronze sculpture. In Staalstraat, learn about the local Drapers Guild, represented by Rembrandt. Finally, in Waterloo Square, discover the former Jewish Quarter, home to a variety of immigrants including Rembrandt and his wife. The couple spent many years living here, near the Amstel River, where their house still stands as a museum dedicated to the artist’s life. It includes etchings and other works done by Rembrandt himself. The furnishings are authentic to the 1600s, reconstituted thanks to auction archives from the period. Wander Rembrandt’s office and see how he produced his work, peeking at the more intimate side of the artist’s life.
IncludesSkip-the-line access Entrance fee Professional local tour guide Hotel pick-up or drop off Gratuities (optional) Luggage or coat storage Food and beverages
- No bags or suitcases are allowed on the tour, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, and the tour is unfortunately not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the monument’s management occur, in which case you will be provided with an appropriate alternative route
- Some specific monuments are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted speaking, or do not allow skip-the-line entry; in these cases your guide will provide the information about the monument from outside
- Please provide a phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip during booking
- All travelers need a valid ID on the day of the trip
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Amsterdam Tailored, Fun and Private Photo Shoot
Get a unique souvenir of your time in Amsterdam – choose from 2 package options. Your personal photographer will create personalized full size images to share and print4 ReviewsFrom €35.53
Ultimate Amsterdam Experience: Luxury Canal Cruise
See the sights of Amsterdam from its historic waterways aboard a luxury and trendy open or closed boat. Get a personalized guided tour from a captain and hostess, while y40 ReviewsFrom €15.00
Private Day Trip From Amsterdam to Rotterdam and Kinderdijk
Take the day to enjoy the picturesque windmills in the countryside, go on a boat tour, then explore the wonderful city of Rotterdam and its amazing architecture with a guFrom €540.00
Private Guided Walking Tour
Learn about Amsterdam’s Golden Age on a private 3-hour walking tour and see the sights of the medieval center. Marvel at the houseboats and bridges of the Canal Belt an1 ReviewsFrom €120.00
Skip-the-Line Van Gogh Museum Tour
This 2-hour Van Gogh Museum tour provides VIP skip-the-line access to one of the most important museums in Amsterdam. Your knowledgeable guide will show you the major wor32 ReviewsFrom €79.00
Humans of The Walking Experience
Dive into the real lives of 8 unique Amsterdammers. During this beautiful city walk, you will begin to not just understand, but also to feel how it is to live and breatheFrom €59.00
Cycle Amsterdam with a Local
It only takes 5 minutes to feel like a local Amsterdammer on your bike, as this small group tour takes you through the city center, financial district, and hidden spots o4 ReviewsFrom €36.00
Tuk Tuk Tour with Cheese and Wine Tasting
See the highlights of Amsterdam by tuk tuk, passing iconic monuments such as the Royal Palace and Westerkerk. Drive through the Jordaan district. Then, enjoy a cheese and14 ReviewsFrom €33.33
Red Light Secrets Museum of Prostitution Entry Ticket
Learn the story of sex work in the Netherlands with an entry ticket to the Museum of Prostitution, located in a former brothel in Amsterdam's famous Red Light District. G167 ReviewsFrom €10.00
2.5-Hour Amsterdam Sightseeing Tour by Bike
Enjoy a 2.5-hour Amsterdam sightseeing tour on a bike. The best way to see the many highlights of Amsterdam in a short amount of time.4 ReviewsFrom €100.00