Amsterdam Self-Guided App Tour: Secrets of the City Center
Walk around the city of Amsterdam solving riddles and exploring the hidden gems. Unlock stories and local recommendations using a web-based app on your smartphone.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the secrets of Amsterdam
- Enjoy an interactive and self-guided game experience via a web app
- Solve riddles on your phone that take you on an adventure
- See monuments and landmarks in a new light
- Unlock local recommendations for each riddle that your solve
DescriptionDiscover Amsterdam city center from a different perspective on an urban adventure using your smartphone. Solve 14 clues via a web-based app using a unique link you will be sent after payment. Encounter hidden gems and lesser-known places as you search for answers to the clues. Each correct answer reveals another chapter in the fictional story of sailor Jack. The trail is spread across approximately 2.5 kilometers and takes between 1.5 to 3 hours to complete, but there is no time limit, so you can enjoy your new discoveries at your own pace. There's even a recommended stop at a lovely cafe at about the half-way point for your comfort. You can share your unique link with your teammates so that everyone can see the clues. Only one player should submit the answers, but if you run out of battery, someone else can continue submitting the answers using the same link.
IncludesSmartphone game (web-based app, no download required)
- The rules of the game are easy: each riddle is made up of directions and a question. To answer the question, you can try as many answers as you like. If you’re stuck, you can ask for a hint (there’s one per riddle). However, asking for a hint adds 10 minutes 'penalty time' to your overall completion time. If you’re lost, you can skip a riddle. This adds 20 minutes penalty time. It is recommended that you always ask for a hint before skipping a riddle, to ensure you’re in the right place to continue your adventure.
- It is a self-guided tour which means that there is no physical person waiting for you at the meeting point.
- The games are available in English, not in the local language.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Dutch Countryside Tour in Spanish
Discover the charms of the Dutch countryside on this day trip from Amsterdam and visit the picturesque towns of Edam, Volendam, Marken, and Zaanse Schans. Learn about DutFrom €35.00
Learn about the craft of diamond polishing during a highly exclusive, hands-on workshop. Discover the origin of diamonds and see some amazing diamond artifacts. Polish yoFrom €475.00
Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Moco Museum Combined Ticket
Enjoy a combination canal cruise tour with skip-the-line entry to the Moco Museum in Amsterdam. Cruise past beautiful bridges and merchant houses then admire some iconicFrom €27.90
Jewish History Tour
Learn the important history of the Jewish community in The Netherlands on a history tour of Amsterdam. Explore the difference between the Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews, visFrom €36.00
Concertgebouw Behind the Scenes Tour
Take a look behind the scenes of one of the world's most famous concert venues on a tour of the Concertgebouw in central Amsterdam, and access areas that are normally hid19 ReviewsFrom €11.00
SummerConcerts at Royal Concertgebouw Amsterdam
SummerConcerts presents a series of concerts in July and August, ranging from classical to jazz and from chansons to film scores. Top musicians from the Netherlands and a34 ReviewsFrom €35.00
- Best Seller
Volendam, Marken & Windmills with Free 1-Hour Canal Cruise
Explore the Dutch countryside and leave Amsterdam behind for a half-day tour with free canal cruise included. See the famous Zaanse Shans windmills, explore the quaint fi2761 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Amsterdam Half-Day to Zaanse Schans & Moco Museum Ticket
Get a taste of old and new Dutch culture on this guided day-trip. Visit the preserved windmills of the Zaanse Schans for a slice of traditional Dutch, followed by a visitFrom €42.50
1.5-Hour Private Prosecco Canal Cruise
Sip on sparkling prosecco as you explore Amsterdam's Canal Belt on a 1.5-hour private cruise. Relax while a local skipper navigates you past sights such as Anne Frank’s26 ReviewsFrom €35.00
2-Hour Coffee Shop Culture Tour
Experience the coffee shop culture of Amsterdam on a 2-hour walking tour, and visit the city’s infamous coffee shops. Take a journey of discovery through the city’s r1 ReviewsFrom €80.00