Cultural Ganja Walking Tour of Selected Coffee Shops
Take an in-depth look into the world of cannabis in Amsterdam. Learn about its legalization and history, and discover the coffee shops that sell the highest quality, cheapest ganja, with cultural and historical discoveries.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Introduce and educate yourself about the world of cannabis in Amsterdam, great for beginners !
- Learn how to roll your own joint with your instructor
- Visit the best coffee shops in central Amsterdam and learn about the local cannabis culture
- Sample Dutch snacks and treats for free on the 2.5-hour tour!
- Relax inside coffee shops and pubs and let your guides watch over your belongings!
- Visit the world famous Amsterdam museum
- Check out the new tour through Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
DescriptionHippie, stoner, and pothead are all negative stereotypes of ganja smokers that aren’t part of the marijuana culture in Amsterdam. Get an insight into the coffee shop culture and ganja scene in Amsterdam on a 2 or 2.5-hour guided walking tour. The group tour begins outside the legendary Dam Palace, as you start your exciting introduction to the local world of cannabis at one of the oldest coffee shops in Amsterdam. Your guide will take you on a walk through the streets of the city, walking to famous coffee shops, pubs, and secret medieval sites on the way that have passed the tour operator's quality check. Visit 1 or 2 coffee shops during the 2-hour tour and a third coffee shop on the 2.5-hour tour. Then, discover a great Irish pub (O'Reilly's), walk down the legendary gay street Reguliersdwarsstraat, learn about history and drug policies, and explore the menus and samples from a few of the shops. The tour ends near the Rembrandtplein. Your guide will be a current resident of Amsterdam and super knowledgeable about the best ganja finds in Amsterdam!
IncludesLocal tour guide Informational smoking breaks 100% confidential tour, your personal details are not published 2.5-hour tour selection includes portion of Bitterballen (Dutch snack) for up to 8 people (1 piece per person) Special entrance fees to clubs, bars, or restaurants Price of weed or drinks at coffee shops, pubs or red light district services (suggested spending amount EUR 15-20)
- You must be 18 years old or over to join this tour. ID will be required in the coffee shops. Not available on major holidays (Hannukah, American Thanksgiving, Queen’s Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day). Tour may be canceled in hazardous weather conditions. Call the tour provider for more information. Limit of 30 participants per group. You have the option to purchase a red light district preview for an additional EUR 8. The preview is 30-minute walk through the red light district neighborhood, with information, a stop at a pub, and fun options for the night time. This will be done immediately after your Ganja Walking Tour. A vegetarian snack option is also available. There are no refunds for no shows.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Dutch Countryside Tour in Spanish
Discover the charms of the Dutch countryside on this day trip from Amsterdam and visit the picturesque towns of Edam, Volendam, Marken, and Zaanse Schans. Learn about DutFrom €35.00
Learn about the craft of diamond polishing during a highly exclusive, hands-on workshop. Discover the origin of diamonds and see some amazing diamond artifacts. Polish yoFrom €475.00
Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Moco Museum Combined Ticket
Enjoy a combination canal cruise tour with skip-the-line entry to the Moco Museum in Amsterdam. Cruise past beautiful bridges and merchant houses then admire some iconicFrom €27.90
Jewish History Tour
Learn the important history of the Jewish community in The Netherlands on a history tour of Amsterdam. Explore the difference between the Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews, visFrom €36.00
Concertgebouw Behind the Scenes Tour
Take a look behind the scenes of one of the world's most famous concert venues on a tour of the Concertgebouw in central Amsterdam, and access areas that are normally hid19 ReviewsFrom €11.00
SummerConcerts at Royal Concertgebouw Amsterdam
SummerConcerts presents a series of concerts in July and August, ranging from classical to jazz and from chansons to film scores. Top musicians from the Netherlands and a34 ReviewsFrom €35.00
- Best Seller
Volendam, Marken & Windmills with Free 1-Hour Canal Cruise
Explore the Dutch countryside and leave Amsterdam behind for a half-day tour with free canal cruise included. See the famous Zaanse Shans windmills, explore the quaint fi2761 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Amsterdam Half-Day to Zaanse Schans & Moco Museum Ticket
Get a taste of old and new Dutch culture on this guided day-trip. Visit the preserved windmills of the Zaanse Schans for a slice of traditional Dutch, followed by a visitFrom €42.50
1.5-Hour Private Prosecco Canal Cruise
Sip on sparkling prosecco as you explore Amsterdam's Canal Belt on a 1.5-hour private cruise. Relax while a local skipper navigates you past sights such as Anne Frank’s26 ReviewsFrom €35.00
2-Hour Coffee Shop Culture Tour
Experience the coffee shop culture of Amsterdam on a 2-hour walking tour, and visit the city’s infamous coffee shops. Take a journey of discovery through the city’s r1 ReviewsFrom €80.00