Last Chance for Red Light District: 1.5-Hour Walking Tour
Explore Amsterdam’s Red Light District at night, when it truly comes alive. Your resident guide will show you the historical secret areas, and the back alleys of De Wallen. Visit coffee shops, learn information and meet local workers.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Amsterdams notorious red light district with a local in German, English or Dutch
- Discover the area’s secret spots and charms with a local guide
- Hear about the history of De Wallen and its prostitutes
- Explore Amsterdam's window parlors and hidden alleyways
- See the historic oude kerk, Amsterdams oldest building
- Sample free Dutch treats like Stroopwaffel and Dutch hot chocolate at the Metropolitan bakery
- See legendary snack shop Febo and try Dutch snacks
- Have a drink in the pub Route 66 and enjoy shot and beer specials!
DescriptionWalking alone through Amsterdam's Red Light district can be quite intimidating; so why not join a relaxed walking tour of the area instead? Hear about the beginnings of Amsterdam's notorious Red Light District from your resident guide, and sample some if its charms on a 1.5-hour walking tour through one of Amsterdam's notorious neighborhoods. Put the rumors to the test as you visit the erotic window parlors and smell the aroma of marijuana drifting along the canals. Dozens of shops with mushrooms and cookies, as well as the infamous Condomerie await you – explore them all with your private guide. Learn about the district’s vibrant history from your guide as you venture around the cobbled streets. In De Wallen you’ll hear about its beginnings and explore the network of alleys lined with over 300 single-room cabins rented by sex workers today. Sample free Dutch treats at the famous Amsterdam Metropolitan bakery in the heart of the Red Light District. Head down the dark alleys and follow your guide into secret entryways. You’ll be an expert on the area, the people, and the history in no time. Sometimes you will even end at a karaoke bar or a shots bar! Just ask your guide for directions.
IncludesGuide (available in several languages) Free snack samples Drinks Personal expenses such as drinks or purchases at souvenir shops
- Hotel or private pick-up can be arranged for an additional fee
- Tours are available in English, German and Dutch
- Tours are taken at your own risk. The supplier is not responsible for unsecured items
- This is our public group tour, if you're interested in a private version of this tour, please book your tour here: https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/amsterdam-l36/amsterdam-red-light-district-private-walking-tour-t57212
- There are no refunds for no shows
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Private Transfer from Amsterdam to The Hague
Relax and travel in luxury as you arrange your private transfer service from your hotel or accommodation in Amsterdam to The Hague.From €25.00
Candlelight Cruise with Unlimited Drinks
Surprise someone special with a romantic 2-hour evening cruise of Amsterdam by candlelight. As you cruise along the famous Canal Belt, take in views of the city by night201 ReviewsFrom €42.50
The Netherlands: UNESCO Heritage Sites Private Tour
Discover the landmark attractions of The Netherlands on an 8-hour tour of 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Learn about the Defense Line of Amsterdam, see the windmills of KFrom €699.00
Canal Cruise and THIS IS HOLLAND Combination Ticket
Discover the historic heart of Amsterdam on an hour-long canal cruise and then see the top attractions of the country on a 5D flight experience.9 ReviewsFrom €25.00
Amsterdam Beer Bike and Boat Tour
The Amsterdam Beer Bike and Boat tour is the best way to see the sights of this gorgeous city - with a cold beer in hand! Two popular activities have been combined for aFrom €108.00
Amsterdam Canal Cruise by Small Open Boat from Rijksmuseum
Climb aboard an environmentally friendly boat and take a 1-hour cruise along some of Amsterdam's oldest canals. See the 17th-century merchant houses and bright houseboats14 ReviewsFrom €16.00
Private Transfer from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam
Relax with a private transfer from Schiphol Airport to your accommodation in Amsterdam. Sit back and let your driver do all the work as you take a scenic drive to your hoFrom €11.50
Footsteps of Van Gogh Tour and Van Gogh Museum
This excursion transports you on a journey through Vincent’s life, walking in his footsteps in Nuenen and visiting the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. You simply cannot g1 ReviewsFrom €149.00
3-Hour Amsterdam Bike Tour
See Amsterdam like a local on a 3-hour bike tour of the city’s major attractions. Riding with an experienced guide, you will see fascinating sites and districts, such a145 ReviewsFrom €29.50
Marken & Volendam Private Half-Day Tour from Amsterdam
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam and discover the charming fishing villages of Volendam and Marken. Enjoy a scenic drive past polders and little canals. Stop toFrom €299.00