Last Chance for Red Light District: 1.5-Hour Walking Tour
Explore Amsterdam’s Red Light District at night, when it truly comes alive. Your resident guide will show you the historical secret areas, and the back alleys of De Wallen. Visit coffee shops, learn information and meet local workers.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Amsterdams notorious red light district with a local in German, English or Dutch
- Discover the area’s secret spots and charms with a local guide
- Hear about the history of De Wallen and its prostitutes
- Explore Amsterdam's window parlors and hidden alleyways
- See the historic oude kerk, Amsterdams oldest building
- Sample free Dutch treats like Stroopwaffel and Dutch hot chocolate at the Metropolitan bakery
- See legendary snack shop Febo and try Dutch snacks
- Have a drink in the pub Route 66 and enjoy shot and beer specials!
DescriptionWalking alone through Amsterdam's Red Light district can be quite intimidating; so why not join a relaxed walking tour of the area instead? Hear about the beginnings of Amsterdam's notorious Red Light District from your resident guide, and sample some if its charms on a 1.5-hour walking tour through one of Amsterdam's notorious neighborhoods. Put the rumors to the test as you visit the erotic window parlors and smell the aroma of marijuana drifting along the canals. Dozens of shops with mushrooms and cookies, as well as the infamous Condomerie await you – explore them all with your private guide. Learn about the district’s vibrant history from your guide as you venture around the cobbled streets. In De Wallen you’ll hear about its beginnings and explore the network of alleys lined with over 300 single-room cabins rented by sex workers today. Sample free Dutch treats at the famous Amsterdam Metropolitan bakery in the heart of the Red Light District. Head down the dark alleys and follow your guide into secret entryways. You’ll be an expert on the area, the people, and the history in no time. Sometimes you will even end at a karaoke bar or a shots bar! Just ask your guide for directions.
IncludesGuide (available in several languages) Free snack samples Drinks Personal expenses such as drinks or purchases at souvenir shops
- Hotel or private pick-up can be arranged for an additional fee
- Tours are available in English, German and Dutch
- Tours are taken at your own risk. The supplier is not responsible for unsecured items
- This is our public group tour, if you're interested in a private version of this tour, please book your tour here: https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/amsterdam-l36/amsterdam-red-light-district-private-walking-tour-t57212
- There are no refunds for no shows
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Jordaan, Anne Frank, and Vondelpark Tour in Spanish
Take in several of Amsterdam's top attractions on a 3-hour tour in Spanish. Visit the Jordaan, learn about Anne Frank, take a walk in the Vondelpark, and discover the Mus10 ReviewsFrom €15.00
Cycle Amsterdam with a Local
It only takes 5 minutes to feel like a local Amsterdammer on your bike, as this small group tour takes you through the city center, financial district, and hidden spots o4 ReviewsFrom €36.00
Half-Day Introduction to the City
Get a full introduction to Amsterdam in one day with your guide on this walking tour, which covers all the main sights that the city has to offer.From €80.00
Tropenmuseum Entrance Ticket
Marvel at treasures from around the world with an entrance ticket to the Tropenmuseum, one of the largest museums in Amsterdam. Access the permanent and temporary exhibit6 ReviewsFrom €16.00
Red Light District Game Show Tour in German
Explore Amsterdam’s Red Light District by night with this exciting walking tour trivia game. With the help of your expert guide, get a glimpse of the historical secret1 ReviewsFrom €22.00
Windmills, Edam, Volendam & Marken Private Spanish Tour
Take a full-day excursion from Amsterdam to the Dutch countryside. Enjoy a customized tour route and explore the traditional and picturesque neighboring villages. Enjoy aFrom €455.00
- Best Seller
Hop-on-hop-off to Zaanse Schans, Edam & Volendam
Journey through the picturesque countryside of Holland aboard a hop-on hop-off bus. See the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans, learn more about cheese production at the170 ReviewsFrom €28.00
Amsterdam 5-Hour Guided Canoe Trip in the Wetlands
Enjoy an excursion into nature at a site close to Amsterdam. On this wetlands safari you’ll travel by canoe through a watery 17th-century landscape dominated by dense r5 ReviewsFrom €64.00
Master Pianists Concert at the Concertgebouw
Listen to a master pianist in concert, and experience the acoustics of Amsterdam's Concertgebouw concert hall, once described as the "best instrument of the orchestra thaFrom €59.13
Amsterdam 1.5-Hour Private Prosecco Group Bike
Travel along the streets of Amsterdam on a private group bike ride, as you enjoy some bubbly on board. Fun-filled activities are on offer as well on this activity that’34 ReviewsFrom €400.00