Skip-The-Line Ticket National Maritime Museum Amsterdam
Explore the maritime traditions and history of The Netherlands with a skip-the-line entrance ticket to the National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam. Learn how the Dutch reclaimed land from the sea and more with a free, 60-minute audio tour.
Are you a business owner in Amsterdam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Amsterdam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the maritime history of The Netherlands at the National Maritime Museum
- Come aboard a replica 18th-century sailing ship and experience a real sailor’s life
- Sail overseas and survive sea battles at the 'See you in the Golden Age' exhibition
- See historic atlases and maps
- Discover how Amsterdam grew from a small port on the River IJ to Europe's greatest harbor
DescriptionDo you know how the Netherlands became such a powerful nation in the 17th century? The Golden Age – the time of flourishing arts and adventurous journeys – started with the curiosity of the Dutch: what is there behind the dikes? They discovered new lands and made the first descriptions of unknown territories. Look at old atlases: they are full of exciting details! Your skip-the-line ticket provides access to the story of the Dutch and what lies behind their dikes. Discover how Amsterdam became the greatest harbor on mainland Europe and how the system of canals was conceived and built. Excitement, thirst for adventure and the courage the of sailors made it all possible. Become one of them by climbing aboard a replica of the 18th-century sailing ship. Experience the real sailor’s life and start your own adventures. Have a great journey with the National Maritime Museum!
Includes• Entrance ticket to the National Maritime Museum. • Visit to the replica 18th-century ship “Amsterdam” Audio tour in 11 languages Guided tour
- The National Maritime Museum is located in the Arsenal (1656), the former storehouse of the Admirality, with an Open Courtyard covered by an amazing glass roof. Its lined design repeats one of the old nautical maps and consists of 1200 pieces. You can visit it for free from 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM daily
- Some of the exhibitions are specially designed for (young) children
- Discover the stories behind the finest objects in the Museum's collection with a free, 60-minute audio tour
- Go on a Virtual Reality journey to experience Amsterdam as it was in the Dutch Golden Age
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Private Transfer from Amsterdam to The Hague
Relax and travel in luxury as you arrange your private transfer service from your hotel or accommodation in Amsterdam to The Hague.From €25.00
Candlelight Cruise with Unlimited Drinks
Surprise someone special with a romantic 2-hour evening cruise of Amsterdam by candlelight. As you cruise along the famous Canal Belt, take in views of the city by night201 ReviewsFrom €42.50
The Netherlands: UNESCO Heritage Sites Private Tour
Discover the landmark attractions of The Netherlands on an 8-hour tour of 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Learn about the Defense Line of Amsterdam, see the windmills of KFrom €699.00
Canal Cruise and THIS IS HOLLAND Combination Ticket
Discover the historic heart of Amsterdam on an hour-long canal cruise and then see the top attractions of the country on a 5D flight experience.9 ReviewsFrom €25.00
Amsterdam Beer Bike and Boat Tour
The Amsterdam Beer Bike and Boat tour is the best way to see the sights of this gorgeous city - with a cold beer in hand! Two popular activities have been combined for aFrom €108.00
Amsterdam Canal Cruise by Small Open Boat from Rijksmuseum
Climb aboard an environmentally friendly boat and take a 1-hour cruise along some of Amsterdam's oldest canals. See the 17th-century merchant houses and bright houseboats14 ReviewsFrom €16.00
Private Transfer from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam
Relax with a private transfer from Schiphol Airport to your accommodation in Amsterdam. Sit back and let your driver do all the work as you take a scenic drive to your hoFrom €11.50
Footsteps of Van Gogh Tour and Van Gogh Museum
This excursion transports you on a journey through Vincent’s life, walking in his footsteps in Nuenen and visiting the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. You simply cannot g1 ReviewsFrom €149.00
3-Hour Amsterdam Bike Tour
See Amsterdam like a local on a 3-hour bike tour of the city’s major attractions. Riding with an experienced guide, you will see fascinating sites and districts, such a145 ReviewsFrom €29.50
Marken & Volendam Private Half-Day Tour from Amsterdam
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam and discover the charming fishing villages of Volendam and Marken. Enjoy a scenic drive past polders and little canals. Stop toFrom €299.00