My Guide Website?
Highlights Canal Cruise
Amsterdam: Highlights Canal Cruise
- Learn about the vibrant history of Amsterdam from its historic waterways
- Admire the old boatyards and warehouses from the city's so-called Golden Age
- Cruise the Canal Belt and see monuments such as the Westerkerk and Anne Frank House
- Compare the modern architecture of the IJ lake with the old houses of the city center
- Sail around the Amsterdam-Noord district and discover its fashionable elements
DescriptionLearn about Amsterdam’s vibrant history on its historic waterways on a 1-hour canal cruise that takes in more than 100 highlights. Listen to the on-board commentary about the city’s emergence in the 13th century and the merchants of the Dutch East India Company that led to the so-called Golden Age. Experience Amsterdam and board the boat by Stromma Central Station or Stromma Rijksmuseum in the city center, and set sail from the IJ waterfront. See the city’s modern architecture as you cruise around the southernmost part of fashionable Amsterdam-Noord. The sights you see depend on the departure point and the boat route may vary. Sail past old warehouses, dockyards, and boatyards. Cruise under enchanting bridges from the past and present. Watch the centuries merge as you experience Amsterdam in its purest form, as a seaport. Along the way, you will pass many of Amsterdam’s most famous monuments, and discover why UNESCO declared the city’s canals a World Heritage Site.
Includes1-hour Amsterdam canal cruise with departure from the central station or 75-minute Amsterdam canal cruise with departure from Rijksmuseum Audio guide over the speakers
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- Canal Cruise from Rijksmuseum takes 75 minutes
- Canal Cruise from Damrak takes 60 minutes