My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: 3 Course Dinner in the Dark80 Reviews
Experience food like never before at a 3 course dinner in the dark in Amsterdam. Learn how to use all your senses in complete darkness. Top quality service is provided by blind waiting staff, who will provide guidance and reassurance along the way.
- Experience new taste sensations during a dinner in darkness
- Discover what it's like to eat if you are blind
- Relax with attentive wait staff, specially trained to serve in the dark
DescriptionRe-awaken your senses at an unusual 3 course dinner in Amsterdam, and discover what it is like to eat in complete darkness! Unlike any ordinary restaurant, the experience plunges you into a world of sensitivity you may never have felt before, and takes you on a journey through taste, sound and touch. You will be seated in a pitch-black dining room and served by blind or visually impaired wait staff. They have been specially trained to serve meals in the dark, and will offer guidance and reassurance for sighted guests. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed in a lighted lounge area. Check your coat or bag in the cloakroom, as you won't need anything but your senses. Once you have ordered, you will be guided into the darkened dining room. Then, experience your food as the visually impaired experience it; and discover new taste sensations with the rest of your senses.
Includes3 course dinner in the dark 2 amuse bouche Private table
- There will be time for an aperitif if you would like one
- Organs, bones, fat, insects, or any other extreme ingredients are never served on the menu
- Mobile phones and cameras are kept in a personal locker
- As a pilot project, there is 1 bartender with a hearing problem. She is very good at lip reading in Dutch and sign language
- The duty managers can see and hear
- All rest rooms are in the light
- Most people walk out as clean as they walked in, but you are advised not to wear white clothes just in case