My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: ARTIS-Micropia Microbe Museum Entry Ticket125 Reviews
Visit Micropia, the only museum of microbes, and discover an invisible world right in the center of Amsterdam. Learn about microbes in your own body through the means of a body scan, and come to understand more about these highly successful life forms.
- Visit the world's only microbe museum in the heart of Amsterdam
- Step into the kiss-o-meter and discover the microbes in your mouth during a kiss
- Discover the microbes in your own body in the body scan
- Learn more about the ultimate survivor: the water bear
DescriptionAt ARTIS-Micropia you’ll experience the smallest and most successful of life forms. Every human being carries approximately 1.5 kilograms of microbes, as you’ll learn with your entry ticket. Microbes are everywhere, and they shape your world. You can experience this straight away through microscopes that make it possible for you to see how living microbes move around, eat, and reproduce. You can navigate through the habitat of extremophiles, which are microorganisms that are able to survive the most extreme circumstances. And with a body scan, you come face-to-face with your very own microorganisms. After a visit to ARTIS-Micropia, you’ll probably never see yourself, or the world, in the same way again.
IncludesAdmission to ARTIS-Micropia
- The recommended age for Micropia is 8 years or older