My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Edam, Volendam, and Zaanse Schans Guided Tour1556 Reviews
Visit the famous Zaanse Schans windmill village, walk past rows of wooden houses in Volendam, and discover how Dutch cheese is traditionally made on this fully guided day trip from Amsterdam.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Wander through the quaint streets of Edam with your guide
- Learn how huge rolls of Dutch cheese are made on an old farm
- Break for lunch and immerse yourself in the unique fishing village atmosphere of Volendam
- Observe craftsmen making traditional clogs
- Explore the famous Zaanse Schans windmill village
DescriptionLeave Amsterdam for half a day on this guided tour of the rolling Dutch countryside. Sit back and travel comfortably in a coach to the rural village of Edam. Take a walk through the quaint streets of Edam. En route to Volendam, stop to visit an old cheese farm to see how authentic Dutch cheese is made. Indulge in trying some of these huge spheres of delicious cheese. Upon arrival in Volendam, follow your guide on a journey through the fishing village’s winding streets. Hear about how this bustling place was once the harbor for neighboring village Edam. Enjoy some free time to eat lunch. Next, move on to visit the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. Once used to ground spices, dyes, lumber, oil, cocoa powder, and many other items, the mills are still in use today. Some are now living museums where you can learn about the ins and outs of milling. Visit a wooden shoe factory and behold how traditional clogs are created using antique machines. Filled with newfound knowledge and a taste of the traditional Dutch ways of life, relax and reminisce about your trip while on the journey back to Amsterdam.
IncludesLive guide Transportation by air-conditioned bus Visit to a clog (wooden shoe) maker Visit to a cheese farm Cheese demonstration and sample tasting Amsterdam canal cruise (if option selected) All taxes and parking fees
- The tour will be conducted in two languages at once Children aged 3 and under can join free of charge This tour involves a small amount of walking Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions