My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Guided City Walking Tour and Rembrandt House
Follow in the footsteps of the world’s most famous Dutch artist, Rembrandt, while visiting the streets and districts where he once lived. Walk through the streets and square that inspired the 17th century artist’s works and skip the line to his house.
- Enjoy a guided highlights tour with a personal touch
- Skip the line to enter Rembrandt's house
- Visit relevant sites related to the artist and his paintings
- Walk through Spiegelquarter, Rembrandt Square, Jewish Quarter and more
- Learn all that there is to learn about one of the most famous Dutch artists
DescriptionStart your tour with a walk through Spiegelquarter, a district known for a wide array of antiques and artistic goods. Afterwards, wander the Keizersgracht, or Emperor’s canal, where your guide will discuss one of Rembrandt’s most successful apprentices. In Rembrandt Square, hear about the Night Watch Guards, who were characters in one of the artist’s most popular works. His painting is recreated here in bronze sculpture. In Staalstraat, learn about the local Drapers Guild, represented by Rembrandt. Finally, in Waterloo Square, discover the former Jewish Quarter, home to a variety of immigrants including Rembrandt and his wife. The couple spent many years living here, near the Amstel River, where their house still stands as a museum dedicated to the artist’s life. It includes etchings and other works done by Rembrandt himself. The furnishings are authentic to the 1600s, reconstituted thanks to auction archives from the period. Expore Rembrandt’s office and see how he produced his work, peeking at the more intimate side of the artist’s life.
IncludesSkip-the-line access Entrance fee Professional local tour guide
- No bags or suitcases are allowed on the tour, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, and the tour is unfortunately not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the monument’s management occur, in which case you will be provided with an appropriate alternative route
- Some specific monuments are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted speaking, or do not allow skip-the-line entry; in these cases your guide will provide the information about the monument from outside
- Please provide a phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip during booking
- All travelers need a valid ID on the day of the trip • Wheelchair tours by request only
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€126.14Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today