My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Guided Keukenhof and Zaanse Schans Tour108 Reviews
Admire the multitude of colors at the tulips of Keukenhof on a tour from Amsterdam. Following that, encounter numerous Dutch icons as you admire the windmills, cheese, and clogs of Zaanse Schans.
- Explore the most famous tulip park in the Netherlands: Keukenhof
- Admire landscapes with colorful bulb-flower carpets in almost every color
- Watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
- Learn how Dutch cheese is made and enjoy an included tasting
DescriptionBegin your day with a pickup from one of the pickup points in central Amsterdam. As you leave the city, gaze out at the vivid flower fields of the Dutch countryside, which are awash with colorful crocuses, tulips, and daffodils. These blooming fields are remarkably beautiful, and as you admire them you can listen to your guide reveal more about the history of this region. Depending on the time, you might also stop to take photographs of this stunning landscape. When you arrive at Keukenhof Gardens, step off the bus and embark on a guided tour of the grounds. Covering an area of more than 79 acres (32 hectares), these magnificent gardens are home to innumerable blooming bulbs, all meticulously landscaped into aesthetically pleasing patterns. The gardens are filled with delicate blossoms of all sorts of colors and textures, which emanate a gently perfumed fragrance. After soaking up the garden vistas, continue to Zaanse Schans. The windmill village of Zaanse Schans is an open-air museum with a collection of working windmills, wooden houses, barns, and shops dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries. These buildings were brought there from 1961 onward, bringing back to life this most prosperous period of the Zaan region. Alongside windmills, barns, and other buildings, you'll see beautiful houses that were originally built as homes for rich windmill owners and merchants. These houses have attractive facades and have been painted in traditional colors such as green, beige, and light blue. Upon arrival at the village, your guide will take you on an orientation tour. Visit the clog museum and annex wooden shoemaker shop, and get to taste Dutch farmer cheese at the cheese farm. Then, it's time to further explore the village on your own. Before you set off to discover Zaanse Schans, your guide will provide you with further information on the unique character of the village, teach you the local history and culture, and give you insider tips about what to do and where to go.
IncludesGuide Cheese tasting Keukenhof entry ticket Live commentary on board Transportation by air-conditioned coach Pickup from designated meeting points Amsterdam canal cruise voucher, if option selected This is Holland voucher, if option selected
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Tulips and other bulb flowers are natural products and even though the Keukenhof has advanced growing methods, the course of nature depends mainly on the weather (therefore it cannot be guaranteed how many flowers and flower fields can be visited and seen during your tour)
- Please note that the return location of this tour is opposite to Central Station in Amsterdam
- This tour may be operated by a multilingual guide
- Infants must sit on their parent's lap
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended