Amsterdam: Half-Day 30km Bike Tour of Bloemendaal Dunes2 Reviews
Cycle the dunes of Bloemendaal, and experience the beautiful area with an professional guide. Experience the National Park Zuid-Kennemerland, the dunes and beach, estates, monuments and much more.
- Cycle the dunes of Bloemendaal, and experience the beautiful area with an professional guide
- See historic buildings and estates
- Look at a working flour mill
- Enjoy a drink while looking out at sea
- Reflect at the memorial stones erected after World War 2
- Benefit from talking to your guide, who speaks Dutch, English, German and French
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam or Haarlem and enjoy a unique experience in the beautiful surroundings of Bloemendaal’s dunes. Enjoy the fresh sea air less than 25 minutes from Amsterdam. Suitable for all ages and levels of fitness, the bike tours are available as private or group options, all under the guidance of an experienced guide. You can also book a customized tour if you are a group of at least 4 persons. Cycle past historic buildings and estates to discover old ruins and villas. Stop to take a look at a working flour mill, and travel back in time at the authentic mill shop. Enjoy the landscape of the National Park of South Kennemerland, where 3,800 acres of dunes bloom with rare flora and fauna. Cycle through ancient forests to see large herbivores, such as Scottish Highland cattle and Konik horses. Look out over the sea while sipping a drink at the best beach club in Bloemendaal aan Zee, or reflect at one of the 8 memorial stones erected in memory of the 422 people shot in the dunes by the Germans during World War 2. You can also book additional workshops like wine/beer tasting, beach activities like stand up paddling, surfing lessons, etc, book a private dinner or hotel in Amsterdam or Haarlem. Please ask about the possibilities.
IncludesGuide Bike rental A drink Lunch
- This activity is suitable for everyone. The only requirement is that you can cycle the specified distance in kilometers, and are comfortable biking in a dune-like area. Children are welcome to join, but children up to 12 years old must take it as a private tour
- The Netherlands is an ideal country for cycling, and the routes are mainly on cycle paths and in relatively quiet areas • Wearing a helmet is not compulsory, but helmets are available on request. Children are especially advised to wear a helmet
- The local supplier cannot be held responsible for any personal injury suffered or for damage to the bikes during the bike rides. It is up to all participants to have good travel and/or health insurance
- The DuneBiking bikes are of excellent quality and very comfortable. The bikes have seven gears. Using your own bike is possible, in which case a discount of EUR 5 is applied to the selected tour.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability