Amsterdam: Historical City Tour with Rijksmuseum Visit
This 5-hour tour will include a visit to the Rijksmuseum followed by a historic walking tour of the city center.
- Take advantage of a timed-entry ticket to the Rijksmuseum with your tour guide
- Peek into quiet courtyards and cross the city's iconic canals and bridges
- Learn about the Dutch Golden Age on a historical walking tour
DescriptionFor those who are not familiar with Dutch culture – and who is really? – you will explore its rich and vibrant past on this popular combination tour. It’s the perfect way to mix culture, history, and sightseeing while spending the day with a vibrant young guide. The 5-hour tour will include a visit to the Rijksmuseum followed by a historic walking tour of the city center. Guides will provide you with a time-entry ticket to the museum. Begin at Holland’s answer to the Louvre called the Rijksmuseum. Explore Dutch history through a selection of over 8000 objects on display. Discuss familiar names like Rembrandt as well as lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses. Understand the meaning behind Vermeer’s “The Milkmaid” and marvel at the expansive 19th century library. At the end of the tour, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly. After a break for lunch, move outdoors and orient yourself to Amsterdam with an introduction to its history and learn how a small 12th century fishing village with a simple dam became one of the most popular capital cities in the world. your guide will crisscross its iconic canals and bridges while peeking into its quiet courtyards, offering a postcard image of the city. You will discover its leaning houses and other landmarks while learning how to navigate the oftentimes tricky streets of the city center. The local guides are also eager to share their insider knowledge so that you can maximize your time spent in Amsterdam.
IncludesTimed-entry admission to the Rijksmuseum Professional, local tour guide Entrance fee Wheelchair tours on request only Gratuities (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop-off Food and drinks (unless specified) Temporary exhibits
- For semi-private tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- There will be a lunch break after the museum visit (at your own expense)
- This tour is offered as either a private tour or a semi-private tour (8 guests maximum)
- Please bring a valid photo ID
- Your guide will be at the meeting point without a sign. In case you have trouble finding the meeting point please contact your guide directly (contact details will be provided after booking)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY