My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Jewish Cultural Quarter & Gassan Diamonds20 Reviews
Marvel at the beautiful monuments of Amsterdam's old Jewish neighbourhood. Get access to all the sights of the Jewish Cultural Quarter and discover the various stages of diamond polishing during a guided tour at Gassan Diamonds.
- Marvel at the craft of diamond cutting at Gassan Diamonds
- Receive a glass of Champagne during the tour
- Get access to all of the locations of the Jewish Cultural Quarter
DescriptionThe Jewish Cultural Quarter in the old Jewish neighbourhood in the heart of Amsterdam is home to the Jewish Museum and Jewish Museum junior, the Portuguese Synagogue, Hollandsche Schouwburg and National Holocaust Museum. Grouped together within a square kilometre, these four historic locations house a unique collection that brings to life a history and rich Jewish heritage spanning from 1600 to the present day. The Jewish Cultural Quarter welcomes all visitors, young and old, in search of information, entertainment, beauty, contemplation, growth and inspiration. All with just one ticket. Travel back in time to the 17th century by visiting the Portuguese Synagogue, or find out all about Jewish culture and history in the Jewish Museum and Jewish Museum junior. Visit Gassan Diamonds, a family-owned company, located in a formerly steam-driven diamond factory in the center of Amsterdam. Join a guided tour to learn about the various stages of diamond polishing from the staff. Observe skilled craftsmen at work as they transform precious crystals into dazzling ready-to-wear pieces. After the tour, browse through the extensive jewelry and watch collection in the boutique. By presenting your Jewish Cultural Quarter combi ticket, you will be served a glass of Champagne during the tour.
Includes1-hour guided tour with champagne at Gassan Diamonds Admission to the Portuguese Synagogue Admission to the Jewish Museum Admission to the Jewish Museum junior Visit to all permanent and temporary exhibitions in the Jewish Museum Valid for all locations for one month Audio guide and map of the Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Opening hours:
- Jewish Museum and Jewish Museum junior: daily from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- Portuguese Synagogue: open Sunday-Friday from 10:00 AM. Closing times vary monthly.
- Gassan Diamonds: open daily from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
- All locations of the Jewish Cultural Quarter are closed on April 27 (King’s Day), Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
- Audio tours at the Jewish Cultural Quarter are available in Dutch, English, German, French, Hebrew, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese
- Guided tours at Gassan Diamonds are offered in Dutch, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai and Indonesian (subject to availability)
- All locations of the Jewish Cultural Quarter are wheelchair accessible