Amsterdam: Jewish History Tour1 Reviews
Learn the important history of the Jewish community in The Netherlands on a history tour of Amsterdam. Explore the difference between the Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews, visit districts where they settled, and more.
- See the prominent houses of the Jewish community
- Learn how the neighborhood developed over the centuries
- Hear how 2 Jewish communities co-existed
- Discover where the most important buildings in the Jewish district are
DescriptionFollow in the footsteps of the Jewish settlers who made Amsterdam their home, often as a result of persecution from other countries over the centuries. Learn the rich history of the community and their important contribution to The Netherlands. Learn who the Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews were to put the story into context. Find out where they came from, why they came to Amsterdam, and how they were treated once they arrived. Discover which areas of the city they chose to set up home, and hear how they survived the war and what is left of their communities today. See the main buildings still standing, along with the homes of prominent community leaders.
IncludesGuide Meals Drinks Entrance fee to the Jewish Museum
- This tour does not include visits to venues with an entrance fee
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now