My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Keukenhof & Countryside Small Group Tour7 Reviews
See all that is typically Dutch by luxurious minivan: tulips at Keukenhof and cheese, windmills and clogs at Zaanse Schans and Volendam.
- Scenic drive of the flower fields during your way to Keukenhof
- Stroll the twisting streets of Volendam, and soak up the fishing village atmosphere
- Explore the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Learn how Dutch cheese is being made in an old farm
- Watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
DescriptionMeet your guide and driver at the Heineken Experience, located in the Oude Pijp section of Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan will take you to today’s destination Keukenhof. After a short ride from Amsterdam to the bulb flower area around Lisse, start your tour by making a scenic ride in this area. Depending upon the season, you will see a landscape with colorful bulb flower carpets in almost any color you can imagine. Try to find a spot where you can stop to make some pictures. Then, continue to the true highlight of this tour, the park Keukenhof. Once a mere kitchen garden filled with vegetables and herbs, the Keukenhof now has the distinction of being the world’s largest flower garden, hosting some 1,000,000 visitors per year. Wander through the 15 kilometers of footpaths and 32 hectares of gardens, where millions of bulbs are planted each year. Tulips, hyacinths, daffodils and other spring bulbs of a variety of vibrant colors carpet the grounds. After having spent about 3.5-hours in the gardens, continue to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. This outdoor conservation area is situated on the banks of the Zaan River and is home to traditional 18th and 19th century architecture, including several functioning windmills. Watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands. There will be some free time to explore the village on your own before traveling through the distinctive polders (land reclaimed from the water) of the Beemster area. Next is the opportunity to see how the world-famous Dutch cheese is made and, of course, to taste it in a cheese farm. Finally, you will stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbor has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over to see the small buildings and houses and take in the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. This is a great place to pick up souvenirs for those at home or a memento for yourself and to have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume. Finally, you will return to the city and can look back on a day full of great and typical Dutch highlights.
IncludesAll taxes, fees and handling charges Transport by luxurious minivan Free WI-FI on-board Entrance to Keukenhof Park Gratuities (optional) Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Tulips and other bulb flowers are natural products and even though the Keukenhof has advanced growing methods, the course of nature depends mainly on the weather. Therefore it cannot be guaranteed how many flowers and flower fields can be visited and seen during your tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now