Amsterdam: Life of Anne Frank and World War II Walking Tour474 Reviews
Learn about Anne Frank's life on a small-group or private walking tour of Amsterdam. Hear from an expert guide about the writer's life growing up, as well as the history of the Jewish Quarter and Second World War.
- Learn about the story of Anne Frank and her diary
- Visit the Jewish Cultural Quarter with an expert guide
- See important monuments such as the Portuguese Synagogue, Jewish Historical Museum and Auschwitz Monument
- Choose from either a small-group or private guided experience
- Hear about the Dutch Resistance in the Second World War
DescriptionFind out more about Anne Frank on a small-group or private guided walking tour of Amsterdam, led by an expert guide. Discover the city’s centuries-old Jewish Quarter in a small group setting while your guide weaves in anecdotes about Anne Frank's life and World War II. You will hear all about Anne Frank’s family dynamics, their move from Germany, their time in hiding and her father’s life after the war. Start the tour outside the Portuguese Synagogue, a 17th-century Sephardic construction that still functions as a synagogue today. Find out about the background of the original Jewish neighborhood and how it developed over the centuries. Your guide will share stories of Anne Frank’s love of writing, the conditions she lived through in 1930s and 1940s Amsterdam, and how her diary became so famous. You will also hear about the Dutch Resistance during the Second World War and see where secret hiding places were located. Over the course of the tour you will see the Jewish Historical Museum, Auschwitz Monument and the Anne Frank House façade. Finish the tour with a small surprise at a local Dutch cafe.
IncludesProfessional guide 2-hour walking tour Tickets to the Anne Frank House Transfers to meeting point
- Shared group and private options do not always offer the same languages. Please check all languages of interest to find your preferred option type.
- Please note, this tour doesn't include a ticket to the Anne Frank House. Tickets need to be purchased separately.
- If you also want to visit the Anne Frank House, it is advised to book your tickets a few months ahead as they often sell out in advance • Children up to 3 years of age can participate in this tour for free COVID-19: • Masks (€1.50-€3) and headphones (€4-€5) are available to purchase at the start of the tour • To comply with social distancing, please download the following app to your fully charged smartphone before the start of the tour: tripi.world
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now