My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: National Maritime Museum Skip-the-Line Ticket468 Reviews
Explore one of the world's largest maritime collections including paintings, ship models, navigation instruments, and sea charts with a skip-the-line entry ticket.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Amsterdam: Guided Bike Tour of Central Amsterdam
- From Amsterdam: Rotterdam, Delft & The Hague Guided Day Tour
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket for 1-3 Days
- Amsterdam: City Canal Cruise and Rijksmuseum
- Amsterdam: Unlimited EU Internet with eSIM Mobile Data
- Explore one of the world’s biggest maritime collections with fast-track entry
- Climb aboard the replica of East Indiaman Amsterdam from 1749
- Take part in fun interactive exhibitions and activities for the whole the family
- Embark on a virtual reality journey to experience the Dutch golden age
- Enjoy the museum's covered inner courtyard, a historical landmark from 1656
DescriptionBook a skip-the-line ticket to the National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam to discover how Amsterdam became the greatest harbor in mainland Europe. Be inspired by one of the world’s biggest maritime collections, artifacts, and art. Explore the National Maritime Museum in the heart of Amsterdam. The building was built in 1656 as a former storehouse for the Admiralty. Step back in time by boarding a replica 1749 VOC East Indiaman ship named Amsterdam. Experience a ship from the so-called Dutch golden age and see life-like displays about sea travel. Squeeze into the captain’s quarters, fire a cannon, or hang in a sailor’s hammock. Board into the ship’s bow and you can take an exciting VR voyage over central Amsterdam. Experience life in a bustling city harbor at the beginning of the 17th century.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the National Maritime Museum. Visit to the replica 18th-century ship “Amsterdam” Audio tour in 11 languages
- The National Maritime Museum is located in the Arsenal (1656), the former storehouse of the Admirality, with an Open Courtyard covered by an amazing glass roof. Its lined design repeats one of the old nautical maps and consists of 1200 pieces. You can visit it for free from 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM daily
- Some of the exhibitions are specially designed for (young) children
- Discover the stories behind the finest objects in the Museum's collection with a free, 60-minute audio tour
- Go on a Virtual Reality journey to experience Amsterdam as it was in the Dutch Golden Age