My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: New Ijburg District Private Bike Tour
Explore the new Ijburg neighborhood of Amsterdam on a 3-hour private bike tour and see new homes, floating houses, and more. Discover how 6 artificial islands, built in the former harbor mouth, are being developed to offer new standards of living.
- Admire the contemporary houses and housing blocks of Ijburg
- Cycle the bike friendly streets and bridges of Amsterdam's newest neighborhood
- Cross to the Steigereiland (Pier Island) to experience the Collage City Concept
- Marvel at colorful and do-it-yourself houses
- Find out why one of the new bridges is called 'Dolly Parton Bridge'
- Pedal the grid-like streets of Haveneiland
- Discover the floating houses of IJburg
DescriptionDiscover the new Ijburg district of Amsterdam by bike. Consisting of 6 artificial islands in the city’s former harbor mouth close to the Eastern Docklands, Ijburg is planned to be a residential neighborhood of 45,000 inhabitants, with the aim to create a standard for new development elsewhere in the country. At the moment Ijburg is home to about 20,000 people, and touring by bike is the best way to explore. One of the highlights you will discover is the Steigereiland (Pier Island), based on the “Collage City Concept” and consisting of 8 neighborhoods, each with its own individual character. Admire colorful contemporary architecture and a water neighborhood of floating dwellings. Explore the grid-like streets of Haveneiland (Harbour Island), designed to balance order and chaos. Cycle over at least 10 new bridges, some dedicated to pedestrians and cyclists only. Be dazzled by designs from Dutch and international architects, such as Nicolas Grimshaw and Wilkinson Eyre, and appreciate the dynamcs of their new vision.
Includes3-hour bike tour Guide VAT
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€250.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today