My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Private City Walk7 Reviews
Explore Amsterdam like a local on a private walking tour, and discover hidden gems among the historic highlights. See buildings that tell the story of Amsterdam, from the “Golden Age” and other eras. Hear stories about "killer" bikes, and more.
- Discover Amsterdam with a local
- Explore the infamous Red Light District
- Go to the floating Flower Market
- See De Waag, the oldest building in Amsterdam
- Marvel at Amsterdam's contemporary architecture, such as the IJ
- Learn why Amsterdam is so tolerant towards prostituition and soft drugs
- Admire the Tower of Tears, part of the old city walls
DescriptionLearn the history and culture of Amsterdam on a private walking tour with a fun and knowledgeable guide, and skip the dry facts and dates found on so many group tours. By the end, you will feel as if a Dutch friend has shown you around, instead of a lecturer or history teacher. Besides explaining why the houses in Amsterdam look like they do, and how the Netherlands became the first republic in the world, your guide will point out things to do and places to visit in your own time. Ladies - and gents - can take a detour to the best shopping areas, although this is entirely optional! Feel free to provide the guide with any special interests you may have so that he can tailor the tour to suit. End with a walk through the Old Town to see architecture from Amsterdam’s “Golden Age” when it was one of the most influential cities in the world.
- • Please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly
- A pick-up from your hotel or accompodationcan be arranged ( if located near the Old Town) request. Otherwise, the guide will meet you outside Hotel Krasnapolsky on Dam Square (between the white monument and main entrance to the hotel)