My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Red Light District Self-Guided Audio Tour
Take a peek behind the curtain of Amsterdam's Red Light District on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS playback on a stroll through the city's iconic district.
- Get acquainted with the other side of Amsterdam's Red Light District
- Hear from producer Republic of Amsterdam Radio, a group of history nerds
- Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionAmsterdam is famous around the world for its liberalism, but its Red Light District is often thought of as a haven for looseness, lewdness and licentiousness. On this self-guided GPS audio tour, you'll look beyond the drunken tourists and you will find a vibrant, living neighbourhood, in which the roots of Dutch tolerance and pragmatism can be found and in whose contrasts the concept of “gedogen”, the uniquely Dutch method of turning a blind eye, is clearly on display. Join us on an exploration of this fascinating area and learn about its past, present and future as it struggles, like the rest of the city, to deal with the recent influx of tourists. This tour contains sexual themes, but that's what you were secretly hoping for, right?! The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline. Please be advised, this tour contains strong language.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€4.54Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today