Amsterdam: Rembrandt City Highlights Self-Guided Audio Tour1 Reviews
Retrace the steps of one of the greatest artists of all time, Rembrandt, on this self-guided walking tour through Amsterdam. Wander through old neighborhoods and picturesque alleyways on a fascinating journey through the Dutch Golden Age.
- Download a digital audio tour on your smartphone and gain important insights into the life and work of Rembrandt
- Explore the streets and canals of Amsterdam at your own pace with a walking audio tour
- Experience dynamic city sites, such as the Royal Palace of Amsterdam, the Waag building, Zuidekerk, and the dreamy Blue Bridge
- Enjoy a fun and quirky storytelling concept
DescriptionYour self-guided walking tour adventure begins at the famous Dam Square, in front of the Royal Palace of Amsterdam. Listen to your audio-guide introduce you to the dynamics that fueled the booming development of the city and the so-called Dutch Golden Age during the 17th century. Continue the walk towards the De Wallen neighborhood, the medieval heart of Amsterdam and home to the lustful red-light district. Here, marvel at the oldest church in Amsterdam, where Rembrandt’s children were baptized and the place where his beloved wife was buried. Move onto the Waag building next and admire its fascinating architecture while listening to stories about the background of Rembrandt’s celebrated painting, The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp. Discover more about the dominant position of the guilds in Amsterdam’s economy as you enjoy a beautiful stroll through the scenic city streets. Stumble upon the beautiful canal houses of some of Rembrandt’s most affluent clients, such as the Trippenhuis, the Star House, and Jan Six’s house. This is a great opportunity to see some of the places where Rembrandt painted his famous portraits and learn about his professional contacts and career evolution. Throughout the tour, admire an array of prominent symbols of the thriving Golden Age, including the headquarters of the Dutch East India Company. Follow Rembrandt’s rapid rise to a first-rate master painter and his later financial collapse as you move from his house to the places that inspired him, including the stunning Zuidekerk and the dreamy Blue Bridge. The tour ends in from of the Rembranthuis Museum where the great painter lived a large portion of his life and where he produced a selection of his masterpieces.
IncludesActivation link to access your audio tour Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges Entrance fees to the sites Live guide App not compatible with Windows phones Smartphone or headphones Food and drinks Transportation Pickup and drop-off
- • Seven days before your selected visit date, you will receive an email from Clio Muse Tours with instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. • This product is a self-guided audio tour. No live guide will accompany you • Please consider that this is an audio city tour designed to cover the streets and neighborhoods where Rembrandt lived and worked. It is not a museum tour and it doesn't include entry fees to the sites. The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy
- You must have an Android or iOS smartphone for this digital tour. The tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, or iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB)
- Non-refundable once activated
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability