My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Rijksmuseum Guided Tour and Ticket55 Reviews
During a 2-hour guided art tour through the permanent collection of the Rijksmuseum, discover how Vermeer, Rembrandt and Frans Hals captured the incredible expansion of the Dutch Golden Age.
- Enjoy a guided tour through the Rijksmuseum
- See 'The Nightwatch', Rembrandt's masterpiece
- Discover the iconic 'The Milkmaid' by Vermeer
- Discover Rembrandt’s portraits
- See Ferdinand Bol’s self-portrait
DescriptionMeet your guide at Cobra Cafe, at Museumplein, next to the Rijksmuseum, to start your journey to the highlights of the Dutch Golden Age. The entrance ticket into the Rijksmuseum is included in your tour, and the guide will have hem ready for you at the start. Discover the art and objects that defined the new Dutch Republic. Be amazed by the illusionism of the still-life paintings and be inspired by the scale of Rembrandt’s 'The Nightwatch.' Learn about some of the most famous features and works in the Museum including Rembrandt’s Portraits, Ferdinand Bol’s self-portrait, Jan Steen’s family interiors, Vermeer’s 'The Milkmaid', 7th Century Delftware, 17th Century Dolls Houses, and The Pierre Cuypers Library. Along the way, your professional guide will explain the social and historical context that gave rise to one of the biggest middle-class art markets the world had ever seen. After the tour, you are welcome to continue to explore the rest of some of the 8,000 works on display or relax in the cafe or museum shop. Your ticket is valid all day.
IncludesRijksmuseum entrance ticket Live guide of your chosen language 2-hour tour through the museum
- No large bags, suitcases, or umbrellas are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin backpacks are allowed inside For the enjoyment of all the visitors some, specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a restricted right to speak inside. Your guide will provide notice of this before entering the rooms where this rule applies Artworks may not be on display if they are on loan, or under conservation Rijksmuseum works with strict time slots, so after the starting time of the tour, it is unfortunately no longer possible to join the tour, as the entrance ticket immediately expired