My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Rijksmuseum + Rembrandt House Tour
Step inside the Rijksmuseum with a timed-entry ticket and admire the works of Dutch artists such as Vermeer. Enjoy a guided tour dedicated to the world-famous artist, Rembrandt, and visit his home.
- Enjoy a guided highlights tour with a personal touch
- Enter Rijksmuseum and Rembrandt's house with a timed-entry ticket
- Get a full tour dedicated to one of the most famous Dutch artists
- Walk through Spiegelquarter, Rembrandt Square, Jewish Quarter and more
- Visit the famous Rijksmuseum and learn about Dutch history and art
DescriptionStart your tour at Holland’s answer to the Louvre, the Rijksmuseum, housing centuries of Dutch history and art. Explore over 8000 objects, including paintings and artifacts, with artists from the Dutch Golden Age like Rembrandt and Vermeer on display. From dollhouses to a captured British warship, the museum boasts a wide range of historical items. As the largest museum in Amsterdam, a visit is an absolute must. After lunch, dig deeper into Rembrandt’s life to learn all about this iconic Dutch artist. Walk through Spiegelquarter, a district known for a wide array of antiques and artistic goods. Afterwards, wander the Keizersgracht, or Emperor’s canal, to discuss one of Rembrandt’s most successful apprentices. In Rembrandt Square, hear about the Night Watch Guards, who were characters in one of the artist’s most popular works. His painting is recreated here in bronze sculpture. In Staalstraat, learn about the local Drapers Guild, represented by Rembrandt. Finally, in Waterloo Square, discover the former Jewish Quarter, home to a variety of immigrants including Rembrandt and his wife. The couple spent many years living here, near the Amstel River, where their house still stands as a museum dedicated to the artist’s life. It includes etchings and other works done by Rembrandt himself. The furnishings are authentic to the 1600s, reconstituted thanks to auction archives from the period. Wander Rembrandt’s office and see how he produced his work, peeking at the more intimate side of the artist’s life.
IncludesTimed entry tickets to Rijksmuseum and Rembrandt House permanent collections Professional local tour guide Wheelchair tours only on request
- No bags or suitcases are allowed on the tour, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, and the tour is unfortunately not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the monument’s management occur, in which case you will be provided with an appropriate alternative route
- Some specific monuments are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted speaking, or do not allow skip-the-line entry; in these cases your guide will provide the information about the monument from outside
- Please provide a phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip during booking
- All travelers need a valid ID on the day of the trip
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€424.74Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today