My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Van Gogh Museum Guided Tour with Entry Ticket36 Reviews
Learn about the life and work of Vincent Van Gogh on a guided tour of Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum. See influential masterpieces and all of the museum highlights, with insights from an art connoisseur.
- Learn about the life of Vincent Van Gogh at the Van Gogh Museum
- Hear about the artists struggles and painting techniques
- Explore Van Gogh's correspondence with his brother, Theo
- See all the museum highlights
- Enjoy an in-depth insight into Van Gogh's major works
DescriptionSee masterpieces of art by Vincent Van Gogh on a guided tour of the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, and mark the 125th anniversary of the artist's death with an art history guide. Get a fascinating look into Van Gogh's life and work, and learn how, despite selling only one painting during his lifetime, he became one of the best known painters in history. Your guide will talk about the lengthy correspondence he exchanged with his younger brother Theo, providing a glimpse into the way he thought, worked and struggled. One of the most popular tourist attractions in the Netherlands, the museum is even of interest to those with limited knowledge of art. Hear anecdotes about Van Gogh’s life, and see easy-to-miss details in paintings such as “The Potato Eaters” and “Sunflowers.” If you want to explore major works and issues at more length during the tour, this can be arranged free of charge for up to 30 minutes. This activity does not include an entrance ticket to the museum; please purchase it yourself before booking this tour.
IncludesGuided tour Entry ticket to Van Gogh Museum
- Please make sure you have the necessary tickets for skip-the-line entrance to the Van Gogh Museum before booking this tour. You are required to book this yourself. Please book as soon as you can as the museum sells out quickly. After booking you can agree on your preferred starting time with the supplier to match with the time for your Van Gogh tickets.