My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Van Gogh Museum & Red Light District Tour2 Reviews
This tour is designed for first-time visitors to learn about the relationship between Van Gogh and Amsterdam’s iconic Red Light District, a relationship that resulted in the artist painting several scandalous works.
- Forget long queues with skip-the-line Van Gogh Museum entry, including a museum ticket and guide
- Learn all about the Dutch master and the stories behind his most significant works
- Explore the Red Light district in all its glory
DescriptionVincent van Gogh wasn’t shy about indulging in a few dark pleasures and after this tour, you’ll understand why. On this 5-hour tour you will trace some of those vices in an engaging and – hopefully – dignified manner. Skip the line with your guides, who will provide tickets that are valid for the whole day. You’ve probably heard about one of the world’s most famous painters, Vincent van Gogh. But what do you actually know about this Dutch artist? On this intimate, small group tour you'll be introduced to the man behind the famous sunflowers and self-portraits. Learn about him through his iconic paintings of people eating potatoes and of his own bedroom, or maybe his “Wheat field with Crows” or “Yellow House”. Visit the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh’s works to learn about his turbulent life, stretching from his days in Holland to his dramatic ending in France. And yes, don’t worry, you'll also learn about that whole ear incident. Then, after a break for lunch, your tour guides will keep it as dignified and serious as possible as you discuss the legal drug vendors, the leather neighborhood and the smoky “coffee shops” that attract people from around the world. Cast away your guilt and judgement and discuss the etiquette and laws that allow you to appreciate this district to its fullest after the tour. The professional guides will lead you through the salacious streets and coffee shops of the Red Light District, following in the footsteps of Van Gogh himself.
IncludesSkip-the-line admission to the Van Gogh Museum and Museum Tour Professional art historian/guide Walking tour Wheelchair tour only on request Gratuities (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks Temporary exhibits
- For semi-private tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- There will be a lunch break after the museum visit (at your own expense)
- This tour is offered as either a private tour or a semi-private tour (8 guests maximum)
- The Red Light District tour will have a maximum of 4 guests, compliant with local rules to respect the neighborhood life and authenticity. If you book with more than 4 people your tour group will be split without any extra fee
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now