My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Volendam, Edam, & Zaanse Schans Day Trip587 Reviews
Enter a famous Zaanse Schans windmill, walk past rows of wooden houses in Volendam, and discover how Dutch cheese is traditionally made on this fully guided coach tour from Amsterdam.
- Wander through the quaint streets of Edam with your guide
- Learn how huge rolls of Dutch cheese are made on an old farm
- Break for lunch and immerse yourself in the unique fishing village atmosphere of Volendam
- Observe craftsmen making traditional clogs
- Explore inside one of the famous Zaanse Schans windmills
DescriptionLeave Amsterdam for half a day on this guided tour of the rolling Dutch countryside. Sit back and travel comfortably in a coach to the rural village of Edam. Take a walk through the quaint streets of Edam. En-route to Volendam, stop to visit an old cheese farm to see how authentic Dutch cheese is made. Indulge in trying some of these huge spheres of delicious cheese. Upon arrival in Volendam, follow your guide on a journey through the fishing village’s winding streets. Hear about how this bustling place was once the harbor for neighboring village Edam. Enjoy some free time to eat lunch. Next, move on to visit the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. Once used to ground spices, dyes, lumber, oil, cocoa powder, and many other items, the mills are still in use today. Some are now living museums where you can learn about the ins and outs of milling. Visit a wooden shoe factory and behold how traditional clogs are created using antique machines. Afterward, go inside a windmill and take a look at all the mechanisms and go out onto the platform for a remarkable view over the surrounding area. Filled with newfound knowledge and a taste of the traditional Dutch ways of life, relax and reminisce about your trip while on the journey back to Amsterdam.
IncludesA windmill tour ticket Informative, friendly, and professional live guide Transportation by air-conditioned coach Pickup from This is Holland Drop-off at This is Holland All taxes and parking fees A visit to a clog (wooden shoe) maker A visit to a cheese farm Cheese demonstration and sample tasting A visit to a windmill
- Children aged 3 and under go free of charge. • For the private option: do not book a ticket for children aged 3 and under during the booking process. Please state how many children aged 3 and under will be present in your party during the booking process in order to reserve spots for them in the vehicle
- This tour involves a small amount of walking
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions The tour ends at This is Holland