My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam & Marken Bus Tour1307 Reviews
Explore the traditional 17th-century houses and windmills of the Dutch countryside on a tour of Zaanse Schans, Volendam, Edam, and Marken from Amsterdam.
- See the 17th-century houses and preserved windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Stop at a farm to sample authentic edam and gouda cheeses
- Watch a clog demonstration to see how traditional Dutch shoes are made
- Learn how the Dutch created their polders from the sea
- Stroll among the colorful houses of Volendam to experience a traditional Dutch fishing village
DescriptionVisit Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam, and Marken on a guided bus tour from Amsterdam. Admire the famous windmills of Zaanse Schans, attend a clog-making demonstration, and sample Edam and Gouda cheese. Depart Amsterdam by luxury bus on this exciting tour and head north of the city to see the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans on the banks of the river Zaan. Explore the traditional 17th-century houses and a collection of beautifully preserved windmills from the nation’s industrial heritage. Continue on to visit Edam, a beautiful town known worldwide for its cheese. Enjoy a cheese tasting and an exciting clog demonstration. Before the end of the day, go to Volendam and Marken, passing many authentic polders, the name given to land reclaimed from the sea. Wander down narrow streets, past colorful houses and visit the harbors full of fishing boats. You will have some free time to shop for souvenirs and sample the local fish specialties. Back in Amsterdam, you will be dropped off at the meeting point.
IncludesTransportation by a comfortable private coach Tour guide Visit the famous windmills of Zaanse Schans Clog making demonstration Cheese tasting
- On April 27, the time of departure is 8:30 AM because of King's Day