My Guide Website?
Amsterdam: Zaanse Schans & Giethoorn Guided Combo Tour7 Reviews
Discover the fairytale village of Giethoorn and the charming restored windmills of Zaanse Schans on a guided tour. Explore a cheese farm and get the chance to taste the famous Dutch cheese.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the enchanting village of Giethoorn (Venice of the North / The Dutch Venice) by boat throughout the canals
- Visit a traditional cheese farm and a picturesque 17th-century village with a series of beautifully restored windmills
- Food tasting & watching the demonstration of clogs making and a traditional cheese farming
DescriptionFor a one-time life experience, you can start with a tour of the enchanting village of Giethoorn in the north of the Netherlands, with many canals and a total lack of roads. During a 1-hour guided boat tour, you can visit this fairytale village where less than 3,000 persons are living. Explore the restored village on foot to see the structure of every farmhouse on a tiny, man-made island. Walk along the narrow footpaths to explore hundreds of bridges and admire the village's quiet ambiance. Your journey will continue with an exploration of the most picturesque traditional 17th-century Zaanse Schans settlement, which includes houses and a series of wonderfully restored windmills from the nation's industrial heritage. In Zaanse Schans village, you can stroll through the charming greenhouses and visit a factory that makes the famous clogs in this part of the world. There's also a Dutch cheese to taste, and when you're there, you can try some at the Catharina Hoeve Farm, where you can also learn about how it's made.
IncludesDay trip from Amsterdam Local guide for live commentary Air-conditioned transportation by car/minivan/luxury bus Live demonstration clog factory and cheese factory Food tasting at cheese factory Canal cruise in Giethoorn
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- This experience requires a minimum number of 4 travelers (if it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund)