Cultural Coffeeshops and Walking Tour in Dutch or German377 Reviews
Learn the history of cannabis and its legalization in Amsterdam on a tour of the city's best coffeeshops. Visit one of the city's oldest coffeeshops on Dam Square. Take an optional walk through the Red Light District and discover how to roll a joint.
- Visit some of Amsterdam's best coffeeshops
- Get a tutorial on how to roll your own joint from your instructor
- Learn about the cannabis culture of Amsterdam
- Sample Dutch snacks and treats for free on the 3-hour tour
- Take a stroll through the Red Light District
DescriptionExperience how marijuana became an institution in Amsterdam, and go beyond the Rasta cliché of ganja culture on a unique walking tour of the city. Discover the special atmosphere of the coffeeshops where the drug is legally sold, starting with an introduction to the cannabis scene at one of Amsterdam's oldest coffeeshops on Dam Square. Stroll around the city with your knowledgeable guide, stopping at some of Amsterdam's best coffeeshops, pubs and other sites that only a local can know. Visit 3 different coffeeshops and an Irish pub, hearing about the history of the drug and the drug policies of the local authorities. End your ganja tour at the Rembrantplein. Choose the optional rolling tutorial on booking, and get a short walking tour of the Red Light District, followed with a tutorial on how to roll a joint. Choose to spend an extra half an hour and explore the famous flower market and a hidden side of Amsterdam, with a bonus coffeeshop.
IncludesGerman or Dutch-speaking local guide 2 or 3-hour tour in your selected language Portion of 'bitterballen' (a typical Dutch snack) for up to 8 people (1 piece per person) on the 3-hour tour option Face mask, required to be worn Special entrance fees to clubs/bars Personal expenses at coffee shops/bars
- You take this tour at your own risk This tour is not available on major holidays - Hannukah, American Thanksgiving, Queen’s Day, Christmas Day or New Year’s Day The tour may be subject to cancellation in the event of hazardous weather conditions Tours are limited to a maximum of 20 participants per group You have the option to purchase a Red Light District preview for an additional €8; this includes a 30-minute walk through the Red Light District with information, a stop at a pub and fun options for the nighttime, and will be done immediately after your ganja walking tour A vegetarian snack option is also available
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now