My Guide Website?
Eastern Docklands Self-Guided City Discovery Game1 Reviews
Explore a side of Amsterdam that not even locals know about with this exciting self-guided city discovery game. Solve the riddles on your phone to uncover hidden gems and unlock forgotten stories.
- Access a deeper understanding of the city right at your fingertips
- Delve into Amsterdam's history and present-day culture in an interactive way
- Get to known a seldom explored part of Amsterdam and escape the tourist crowds
- Explore the city at your own pace with a web app that can be paused and resumed
- Learn about the history, culture, and people of the city in a fun way by solving
DescriptionDiscover hidden gems, fun historical facts, and quirky stories while you explore Amsterdam’s Eastern Docklands neighborhood. Play a self-guided riddle game available entirely on your mobile phone that lets you explore this lesser-known part of the city at your own pace. Curious facts: Get to know more about the city, discover the secrets of the main attractions, and learn about curious facts that you won't read elsewhere. Find monuments and hidden secrets: Our local creator created an interactive walk through the city. Cryptic indications make you wind through the cities streets, inviting you to pay attention to details which you usually won't notice. Once you've arrived at the next stop, you will have to solve a question: open your eyes and mind and use your location to find the right answer! Enjoy: While doing this discovery trail, you will get to know the city from another point of view. Even locals discover new facts while doing secret city trails! Get off the beaten path and head to Amsterdam’s east side to soak in the beauty of modern city development and architecture. There's no need to worry about showing up for the tour on time – start whenever is most convenient for you with your phone as your guide. Move from spot to spot by solving a series of 10 riddles made up of (cryptic) directions and a question. Try as many answers as you need or, if you get stuck, ask for a hint or skip the riddle. Learn about the history of this former harbor area and the architectural projects that have revitalized it as you go. Hop between Javaeiland, Borneoeiland, and Cruquiuseiland, taking in unconventional and authentic views of warehouses turned into modern apartments and offices, and listening to stories and fragments of the city's history that usually go untold. Besides this, get tips for local spots to visit in the area.
IncludesA city discovery self-guided tour with stories, directions and riddles The tour is played through a web browser on your own smartphone A weblink to the tour is sent directly after booking (email from local supplier) Available in: English and Dutch Receive recommendations on favorite places (food-drink-culture) by the local creator
- This is a self-guided city discovery experience
- You can play in a team of 1–5 people
- Right after booking, you receive the play link to the City Trail (sent by email from Secret City Trails/local supplier)
- No app download is needed
- This trail is available in English and Dutch
- The link is valid for 90 days
- Discover the city at your own pace, take as many breaks as you like
- You need internet connection and a little data. You'll play on your browser
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€20.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today