From Amsterdam: 3-Hour Small-Group Zaanse Schans Trip116 Reviews
Head to Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam to learn about clog making, taste some cheese and step into a working windmill.
- Visit a working industrial windmill to learn how it operates
- Enjoy the stories about the area told to you by your local guide
- See how wooden clogs are made
- Taste delicious cheeses at a local cheese farm
- Be part of a small-group tour for a more personal experience
DescriptionStarting from Amsterdam, enjoy a comfortable drive to Zaanse Schans. There, hear your guide tell you about the sights and history of this unique, small village and region. Visit a wooden shoe workshop to see how the traditional wooden clogs are made. Also, enjoy a trip to a local cheese farm to learn how the Dutch Gouda cheeses are made. There, taste all kinds of delicious cheeses. After hearing about the magnificent windmills from your guide, enter one to see how these wind-powered industries operate. Get out on the balcony to experience the power of the wind yourself and to enjoy the lovely view of the countryside. After your guided tour at Zaanse Schans, head back to Amsterdam.
IncludesWindmill entrance fees Local guide Round-trip transportation Guided tour at Zaanse Schans Demonstration of clog making Food and drinks
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers. Due to regulations in the Netherlands babies and children are required to have a seat in the car. As seats are limited on this tour, they need a booking
- This tour operates in all weather conditions
- This tour requires a moderate amount of walking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability