My Guide Website?
From Amsterdam: Day Trip to Giethoorn with Lunch15 Reviews
Visit picturesque Giethoorn on a guided tour. Enjoy a piece of apple pie before climbing aboard the boat for a tour around Giethoorn followed by a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
- Explore the canals and car-free streets of picturesque Giethoorn
- Drive across typical Dutch 'polders' (land reclaimed from the sea)
- Enjoy some free time to explore Giethoorn on your own
- Re-energize with a cup of coffee and slice of traditional Dutch apple pie
- Savor a traditional lunch with soup, a mini burger, and an egg salad sandwich
DescriptionMeet your guide in central Amsterdam at the meeting point. Travel by luxurious air-conditioned minivan to Giethoorn and discover the typical flat Dutch ‘polder’ landscape. Discover the village of Giethoorn which is nicknamed 'the Dutch Venice.' Like Venice, Giethoorn has many canals, and the only way to get around town is by boat or walking. No cars are allowed in the old city, whose history dates back hundreds of years. Explore the village with your guide and learn more about its unique character and discover insider tips about great local restaurants, shops, attractions, and activities. Enjoy a relaxing canal cruise and admire the beautiful houses. You will also have time for a traditional lunch at a local restaurant, before heading back to Amsterdam.
IncludesTransport by luxurious Mercedes minivan Wifi aboard Driver/guide Bottle of water Canal cruise in Giethoorn Coffee with apple pie Lunch (soup, mini burger, and egg salad sandwich) Amsterdam Canal Cruise Voucher (if option selected) This is Holland Voucher (if option selected)
- The tour's itinerary may vary depending on the guide on the day
- This tour involves a small amount of walking
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions
- Children up to and including 3 years old are free of charge (not occupying a seat)