From Amsterdam: Dutch Countryside Sightseeing Small Group109 Reviews
Explore the scenic Dutch countryside on this exclusive and personal, small group tour. Visit the beautiful fishing harbor of Volendam, explore the iconic windmills of Zaanse Schans, and taste authentic Dutch cheeses at a family farm.
- Enjoy a personal experience with no more than 20 people in each tour
- Explore the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Go to a local dairy farm to taste the traditional Edam cheese
- Learn how the wooden clogs are made at a shoe workshop
- Get off the usual tourist path and see some of the lesser known villages of the region
- Visit the once bustling fishing village of Volendam
DescriptionEnjoy a leisurely, laid back tour to some of The Netherlands most popular rural tourist destinations on a half-day countryside tour from Amsterdam. Traveling in small groups of no more than 20 people, you will visit the once busy fishing harbor of Volendam. Now a picturesque tourist destination, it is the perfect spot to watch the boats come and go, taste local fish delicacies, or walk along the narrow alleyways between traditional fishermen’s houses. Next, go to western Europe’s first industrial area, and admire the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans. Travel back to the 17th and 18th centuries as you explore well preserved buildings, and discover how traditional Dutch clogs are made at a wooden shoe workshop. Continue off the main road to experience the Dutch countryside up-close-and-personal. Pass some of the lesser known villages of the area, such as Broek in Waterland, Monnickendam, and Edam. Here, you will stop at a dairy farm for a tasting of Holland’s most famous cheese.
IncludesTransportation from and to central Amsterdam Cheese tasting Entrance to the windmills (€5 per person) Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless private option selected)
- Tours are limited to a maximum of 20 participants
- Please be aware that the windmills are not always open
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability