From Amsterdam: Haarlem Private Day-Trip
Enjoy a personalized tour of Haarlem. Your local Amsterdam guide can book the train tickets and organize the entire itinerary for you. Explore this picturesque, historic city, and see its iconic attractions and hidden gems through a local’s eyes.
- Be matched to a knowledgeable local guide based on your interests and personality
- Climb up the Molen de Adriaan, a traditional windmill
- See iconic attractions like the Grote Kerk
- Get an authentic snapshot of the city through a local lens
- Experience local life at the Grote Markt
DescriptionAlong with your friendly, local guide, enjoy an authentic Haarlem experience on a personalized tour. Explore this picturesque city’s history, culture, and fantastic food scene as you’re led down quaint streets (those off the well-trodden tourist trail) flanked by grand architecture. You'll be paired with guides that are passionate about the place they call home and who choose to spend their free time sharing it with like-minded travelers matched to them. Meet your host at Amsterdam Station (or directly in Haarlem) and begin to explore this university town, an enchanting hub of leafy courtyards, gabled houses, and monuments dating back almost 800 years. Walk along tranquil canals and explore Haarlem’s quaint cobbled streets, straight from the pages of a storybook, while marvelling at grand gothic-style churches and turning down the lesser-known streets and exploring hidden gems. Peer into cosy bars, fine cafes, and the unique stores that have given Haarlem a reputation as one of the world’s best shopping cities. Visit Molen de Adriaan, a traditional windmill and a striking feature of Haarlem’s skyline for centuries. See the monumental Grote Kerk, a Protestant church in the city center that’s home to a world-famous gilded organ and a treasure trove of medieval art. Join locals browsing stalls selling fresh produce, local cheeses, clothes, and antiques at Grote Markt, an authentic taste of the day-to-day life of Haarlem’s people, and admire the grand buildings lining even the quietest of streets. Of course, in a city famed for having the best museums in the Netherlands, it would be a crime not to explore them. The Frans Hals Museum is always an excellent choice. Your itinerary can be personalized according to your preferences. Once you’ve booked, someone from the local partner's team will be in touch so arrange any preferences or special requirements.
IncludesLocal guide Private and personalized 5-hour guided tour Return train tickets from Amsterdam-Haarlam (optional) Tips and recommendations for the rest of your time in Haarlam or Amsterdam Food and drinks Gratuities Additional transportation Entrance fees for ticketed attractions
- • This experience will take place rain or shine. • The local partner's team will communicate with you prior to the experience to confirm the logistics of your booking. They will be in touch with an email questionnaire. Your answers to this questionnaire will allow the team to plan your tour. Please respond to this questionnaire as soon as you can. • This experience can be personalised to meet your requests and preferences.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now