From Amsterdam: Traditional Dutch Cheese Market Tour3 Reviews
Discover the delicious traditions of Dutch cheese on this half-day market tour to Alkmaar from Amsterdam.
- Visit Alkmaar's famous Dutch cheese markets
- Learn how cheese is traded according to centuries old tradition
- Taste the flavors of the region
- Explore Alkmaar on a brief tour with a friendly and professional live guide
- Watch the farmers in traditional dress trade their cheese
DescriptionLearn about the historical traditions of Dutch cheese at the nostalgic market of Alkmaar. Trace the steps of time back to the area's flourishing days of cheese trade that have now become popular tourist attractions in the modern day. Visit the Alkmaar cheese market (on a Friday), which dates back to 1365, cheese weighing up to 30,000 kilos are lined up waiting for customers to dig in. Immerse yourself in this almost theatrical display of tradition as farmers clap one another to confirm a sale, and don’t forget to take a selfie with the cheese girls and boys in traditional dress. Enjoy some free time to discover the market and surrounding city on your own, and learn about the area on a brief guided walking tour with a friendly professional guide.
IncludesAll taxes, fees and handling charges Transport by air-conditioned coach Live commentary on board Gratuities (optional) Food and drinks
- Includes a brief walking tour so comfortable walking shoes are recommended. People with walking problems are not advised to take this tour.
- Infants must sit on laps
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now