My Guide Website?
From Amsterdam: Windmills & Volendam Private Tour15 Reviews
On this 6-hour private tour from Amsterdam, see typical Zaanse houses, mills, and shops in Zaanse Schans, taste Dutch cheese, watch a clog-making demonstration, and visit the fishing village of Volendam.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Amsterdam: Guided Bike Tour of Central Amsterdam
- From Amsterdam: Rotterdam, Delft & The Hague Guided Day Tour
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket for 1-3 Days
- Amsterdam: City Canal Cruise and Rijksmuseum
- Amsterdam: Unlimited EU Internet with eSIM Mobile Data
- Discover all the different types of windmills
- Learn how the Dutch make cheese and traditional wooden shoes
- Discover the most famous village in the Netherlands: Zaanse Schans
- Explore a scenic fishing village
DescriptionExperience traditional Dutch culture on this 6-hour private journey from Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans, a clog and cheese factory, and Volendam. After pickup from your accommodation in Amsterdam, your driver and guide will take you to the first destination of the day: Zaanse Schans, a region of the Netherlands full of traditional structures. Tour the wooden dwellings, windmills, and quaint little shops. Above all, you can admire the traditional mills scattered throughout the town, each of which has its own purpose: there's a paint mill, oil mill, saw mill, spice mill, and more. The next stops will be the clog factory and cheese farm, two essential elements of any visit to the Netherlands. Learn how the cheese is made and taste some delectable tidbits. Then, you’ll be treated to a demonstration on making wooden clogs. Next, visit Volendam, a fishing village known for its fresh eel and herring. Taste some fresh fish from a traditional cart and admire the old port, full of Dutch ships. Try on a traditional Dutch outfit and have your picture taken as you fit in with the Volendamers. In the center of the town, walk along the dyke (boulevard) and explore the various restaurants and shops. This will be a great opportunity to enjoy a traditional meal after taking in the best of the Netherlands.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Luxury Mercedes Benz vehicle with a professional driver Water Wi-Fi in vehicle
- This sightseeing tour will take place rain or shine.