My Guide Website?
From Amsterdam: Zaanse Schans & Zaandam E-Bike Tour19 Reviews
Explore the Dutch countryside like a local on 2 wheels. Discover the iconic Zaanse Schans windmills and visit charming Zaandam with its quirky architecture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Travel to the infamous Zaanse Schans in style
- Be transported back to the time of Rembrandt with 400 year old windmills
- Experience Dutch biking culture
- Learn how the Dutch cultivated this swampy marshland into a liberal paradise.
- Take in some fresh air in the countryside
DescriptionThere’s nothing better than spending a sunny summers day riding through the the countryside of Holland. A short ferry ride and an easy 20-minute cycle through the north of the city and we’ll reach the Waterlands, the countryside just outside of Amsterdam. Soon it’s cows and farmers’ signs offering up freshly made ice-cream and milk. There will be plenty of photo opportunities along the way as we cruise through the countryside en route to the Dutch Heritage site of the Zaanse Schans. You’ll have free time to explore, snap photos, checkout some cheese and clog stalls or visit the first ever Albert Heijn. Our return route will bring us back to town via Zaandam and its famous Intelhotel made from nearly 70 traditional Zaanse-style wooden houses. Coming back into town takes us past the NDSM werf in north Amsterdam. Since we'll spend most of our time outside the city, the stress of biking in Amsterdam will be minimized. Because the Netherlands is relatively flat, one does not need to be in top shape to partake but the ability to be physically active over the course of the tour is recommended. The use of electric bikes on this tour will certainly help make the roughly 40km tour a breeze.
IncludesOff the beaten path trails to the Zaanse Schans Well maintenanced electric bikes make the journey easy See working farms, windmills and a nature preserve Enjoy the best bike infrastructure in the world Helmet and Ponchos are provided upon request at the start of the tour
- Guest must feel comfortable riding a bike E bikes are heavier than normal bikes due to the battery and you need to be able to ride a bike to take this tour In the rare cases the guide on the day will may not allow someone to join the tour due to safety concerns Refunds will not be given This tour isn't suitable for young children due to the length of the tour and the distance covered It may be possible to book a private tour with alternative options when available Drinks can be purchased at the start point There are options to purchase something to eat at Zaanse Schans A water bottle is recommended Safety instructions provided by the guide No refunds for no show or late cancellations We run rain or shine (exception for severe weather warnings)