My Guide Website?
From Amsterdam: Zaanse Schans & Zaandam E-Bike Tour
Explore the Dutch countryside like a local on 2 wheels. Discover the iconic Zaanse Schans windmills and visit charming Zaandam with its quirky architecture.
- Travel to the infamous Zaanse Schans in style
- Be transported back to the time of Rembrandt with 400 year old windmills
- Experience Dutch biking culture
- Learn how the Dutch cultivated this swampy marshland into a liberal paradise.
DescriptionThere’s nothing better than spending a sunny summers day riding through the the countryside of Holland. A short ferry ride and an easy 20-minute cycle through the north of the city and we’ll reach the Waterlands, the countryside just outside of Amsterdam. Soon it’s cows and farmers’ signs offering up freshly made ice-cream and milk. There will be plenty of photo opportunities along the way as we cruise through the countryside en route to the Dutch Heritage site of the Zaanse Schans. You’ll have free time to explore, snap photos, checkout some cheese and clog stalls or visit the first ever Albert Heijn. Our return route will bring us back to town via Zaandam and its famous Intelhotel made from nearly 70 traditional Zaanse-style wooden houses. Coming back into town takes us past the NDSM werf in north Amsterdam. Since we'll spend most of our time outside the city, the stress of biking in Amsterdam will be minimized. Because the Netherlands is relatively flat, one does not need to be in top shape to partake but the ability to be physically active over the course of the tour is recommended. The use of electric bikes on this tour will certainly help make the roughly 40km tour a breeze.
IncludesOff the beaten path trails to the Zaanse Schans Well maintenanced electric bikes make the journey easy. See working farms, windmills and a nature preserve Enjoy the best bike infrastructure in the world. Helmet and Ponchos are provided upon request at the start of the tour
- I'd love to be able to take everyone on this tour but there are limits. Guest must feel comfortable riding a bike. E bikes are heavier than normal bikes due to the battery and you need to be able to ride a bike to take this tour. E-bikes are NOT scooters. In the rare cases the guide on the day will may not allow someone to join the tour due to safety concerns. Refunds will not be given. There tour isn't suitable for young children due to the length of the tour and distance covered. It may be possible to book a private tour with alternative options when available.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€72.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today