Historic Amsterdam 2-Hour Private Tour with Local Guide42 Reviews
Explore the history of Amsterdam with a local guide and get an express orientation tour, or opt for a full-day excursion to enjoy a comprehenisve introduction to all the main sights, such as the Canal Belt, Flower Market, Red Light District and more.
- Explore Amsterdam's main monuments with a private guide
- Discover handsome merchant houses from the 16th century onwards
- Wander around the laid-back Red Light District and learn about the city's historic tolerance
- Cycle by the canalsides seeing colorful house barges and quaint bridges
DescriptionExplore Amsterdam with a private guide for a more personalized impression of the city of canals. Starting from Dam Square, birthplace of the 700-year-old city, the walking or bike tours can be as short as two hours, or as long as a full-day, depending on your schedule. Your local guide will explain the history of the most famous city of the Netherlands, including how 17th-century Amsterdam became the wealthiest city in the world, with Dutch merchants scattered across the globe. Cycle around the famous Red Light District and experience Amsterdam’s laid-back ways. Stop at the Sky Lounge to enjoy the best views in town and pause at local cafés and bars for a cool beer or hot chocolate, depending on the weather. You will end your tour in the direction of Begijnhof, where you will catch the fragrance of the Flower Market, before arriving at nearby Rembrandtplein (Rembrandt Square), home to the former butter market and close to some of the city’s most popular bars.
IncludesGuide Tax/VAT Drinks during breaks in bars/cafés Bike rental
- Please check the weather forecast and dress acccordingly
- If you would like to start this tour at a time not listed, please make a request in the 'ask a question about this tour' section
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now