My Guide Website?
Red Light Secrets Museum of Prostitution Entry Ticket864 Reviews
Learn the story of sex work in the Netherlands with an entry ticket to the Museum of Prostitution, located in a former brothel in Amsterdam's famous Red Light District. Get a unique peek into the world’s oldest profession.
- Visit the world’s only museum of sex work, set in a 17th-century house and former brothel
- Take a seat in a sex worker's window to experience the reality behind the glass
- Learn the history of sex work in Amsterdam, including its legalization in 2000
- Hear the real-life stories and hopes of the sex workers, told in their own words
DescriptionExplore the history of the notorious Red Light District and experience a typical day in the life of a sex worker. See the rooms where they work, and hear their stories as told by the sex workers themselves. Get insight into their perspective, which they explore in a light-hearted and frank way in order to remove the taboos associated with sex work. Sit in one of Amsterdam's famous Red Light District window's and feel what it's like to be on the other side of the glass. Discover the history of sex work in Amsterdam, learn how Amsterdam came to be such a liberal-minded metropolis. Read from the Confession Wall, a collection of written confessions left by museums visitors – some are funny, some are eye-opening, but all of them are revealing.
IncludesEntry ticket to the Red Light Secrets Museum of Prostitution Audio guide
- Please note that it is only possible to access the museum at your chosen time-slot
- This activity is only suitable for those aged 16 and over
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€14.50Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today