My Guide Website?
Utrecht: Customizable Tour & Optional Train from Amsterdam
Get a personalized tour of Utrecht, with a local Amsterdam guide to book the train tickets and organize the entire itinerary for you. Explore this charming, culturally rich city, and see its iconic attractions and hidden gems through a local's eyes.
- Be matched to a knowledgeable local guide based on your interests and personality
- Have a local guide organize transport from Amsterdam to Utrecht
- See iconic attractions like the medieval Domtoren church tower
- Stroll along the quaint streets that follow tranquil canals
- Explore places to eat, drink and dance in converted warehouses
DescriptionJoin a friendly local guide to get an authentic experience of Utrecht on a personalized private tour. Explore this quintessentially Dutch city’s history, culture, and fantastic food scene as you’re led down its quaint, canal-flanked streets (and those off the well-trodden tourist trail). Your itinerary will be personalized according to your preferences. Once you’ve booked, someone from the local supplier's team will be in touch, so let then know if you have any special requirements. You'll be paired with guides that are passionate about the place they call home and who choose to spend their free time sharing it with like-minded travelers matched to them. Meet your host at Amsterdam Station, and take the train 30 minutes to the university town of Utrecht, an enchanting hub of subterranean wharves and canalside haunts. You could visit the central Domplein square in the shadow of the Domtoren (a 14th-century bell tower that’s the tallest in the country) and the Gothic Cathedral of St. Martin. Alternatively, see the city’s natural beauty at the sprawling Utrecht Botanic Gardens, and peer into pocket-sized shops and restaurants along the Oudegracht – the most-central of the city’s famous canals. Stroll down the bustling Amsterdamsestraatweg, a hive of university students, and see the wide selection of local brews at the beer specialty store. Savor the floral fragrance at the colorful Bloemenmarkt of Utrecht, and browse through stalls selling fresh fruit and vegetables, bread, cheese, and meat at the typical Dutch market on the Vredenburg. Experience a modern-day village vibe in Twijnstraat, one of the coolest streets in Utrecht, and join locals popping into small independent shops, then admire the hofjes (concealed courtyards surrounded by almshouses) that have existed in the city since the Middle Ages. If you’re up for some fun, end your day at one of the city’s many game cafes for a bite and board game before boarding the train back to Amsterdam!
IncludesLocal guide 5-hour experience Walking tour Return train tickets from Amsterdam-Utrecht (if option chosen) Private and personalized experience Tips and recommendations for the rest of your time in Utrecht or Amsterdam
- • This experience will take place rain or shine
- The local supplier will communicate with you prior to the experience to confirm the logistics of your booking
- Return train tickets from Amsterdam-Utrecht are included (if option selected)
- Suggestions and recommendations for the rest of your time in Utrecht or Amsterdam are also included
- Food and drinks will not be provided
- Entrance into ticketed attractions and additional transportation is not included in the ticket price
- This experience can be personalized to meet your requests and preferences
- Tips is not included in the ticket price