My Guide Website?
Villages & Windmills Zaanse Schans Small Group Tour209 Reviews
Head to the Dutch countryside, traveling on a modern 8 person bus. Visit traditional fishing villages including Volendam and Broek, and take a stroll through Zaanse Schans, a village world famous for its windmills. Visit a cheese factory for a tasting.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Stop in Zaanse Schans to admire the world-famous windmill village
- Enjoy traditional villages like Volendam, Broek, and Monnickendam
- Visit a cheese factory and taste a variety of Dutch cheeses and wine
- Visit a wooden shoemaker watch as they are crafted by hand
- Ride in a modern Volkswagen bus that is airconditioned and spacious
DescriptionThe first stop on your tour from Amsterdam is Zaanse Schans, an old industrial village where windmills were used for a variety of purposes. The few windmills that have survived have been restored to their original function. You’ll see a water mill, an oil mill, a paint mill, and a spice mill. Near Zaanse Schans the area is famous for its traditional green timbered houses and warehouses. See the famous fishing village of Volendam, visit the famous harbor, take a stroll on the dike, and have a photo taken in traditional Volendammer costume. Visit a cheese factory, where you’ll see a demonstration about Dutch cheese and learn everything there is to know about making it. You can taste and smell the different cheeses produced at the factory. Get to know the famous fish dishes of the village by having lunch at one of the restaurants by the harbor (not included in the tour price). Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a walk through Broek, one of the most charming villages of the Waterland area. This former island is one of the few villages in the Netherlands where traditions are well preserved. Visit the wooden shoe factory and see how craftsmen quickly transform blocks of wood into wooden shoes, known as klompen. Witness this craft that only 28 people in Holland have mastered.
IncludesTransportation by modern bus Dutch fruit wine Guide Tasting 12 Dutch cheeses Dutch poor man's cookie tasting Wooden clog making demonstration Stop in what once was the richest village in Holland
- • Children must be at least 7 years old and a minimum of 1,10 meters (43,3 inches) tall and be a minimum weight of 16 kg (35 pounds) • The maximum group size is 8 guests