My Guide Website?
Zaanse Schans Windmills 4-Hour Tour in Italian708 Reviews
Discover the open-air museum of Zaanse Schans on a guided tour and explore historic windmills on a day trip from Amsterdam. Learn about the traditional clogs and houses and try some local cheeses.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Amsterdam: Red-Light District Pub Crawl and Booze Boat Tour
- Marken, Volendam, and Edam Full-Day Tour from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam: Keukenhof & Dutch Countryside Small Group Tour
- From Amsterdam: Giethoorn & Zaanse Schans Tour w/ Small Boat
- Amsterdam: Windmill, Cheese & Clogs Countryside E-Bike Tour
- Admire the iconic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Visit a shoe factory and learn how traditional wooden clogs are made
- Taste the authentic cheeses of the Netherlands
DescriptionTravel aboard a comfortable train to Zaanse Schans which is famous for its collection of historic windmills on this day trip from Amsterdam. Go to a wooden clog factory and savor a variety cheeses with a visit to a farm. Depart Amsterdam from the Centraal Station and journey by train to the town of Zaanse Schans. Discover the typical green wooden houses used by the locals, along with small bridges that link the streets of the village. Capture pictures of the windmills and escape the hustle and bustle of city living and experience a gentle pace of life in the Dutch lowlands. Learn more about the windmills that made the area of the Zaan River famous and rich in the 1700s. Visit a factory where the traditional wooden clogs are still made, and learn how the famous Dutch cheese is produced with a visit to a local farm. Return to Amsterdam by train at the end of your tour.
IncludesItalian-speaking guide Train ticket Visit to a wooden shoe factory Visit to a cheese farm with cheese testing
- The experience involves a good deal of walking. The train will drop you a 10-minute walks from the site of the windmill