Best City Beaches in West Amsterdam
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Amsterdam team
If you need a place to catch a wave or just work on your tan, there are a couple of beaches throughout the city. Going to a beach in the middle of the city is certainly one of the coolest things to do in Amsterdam.
If you like to go to a beach with outdoor games and parties, then Strand West beach has you covered. Located at the heart of the city, going to the beach is quite a surreal experience. For those looking for a more traditional experience, Biljburg aan zee would be preferable, one of the most popular as well as the largest beaches in the city.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Amsterdam: Red-Light District Pub Crawl and Booze Boat Tour
- Marken, Volendam, and Edam Full-Day Tour from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam: Keukenhof & Dutch Countryside Small Group Tour
- From Amsterdam: Giethoorn & Zaanse Schans Tour w/ Small Boat
- Amsterdam: Windmill, Cheese & Clogs Countryside E-Bike Tour