Best Places of Worship in University District
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Amsterdam team
When the craziness of Amsterdam gets to you and you feel the need to calm down, one of the best things you can do would be to visit a place of worship. Slow things down and reflect on the purpose of life and feel the presence of a higher being.
There is a plethora of beautiful churches scattered throughout the city. Churches like St. Nicolaaskerk, Westerkerk, Zuiderkerk, Agnietenkapel, etc are a treat for the eyes and the soul as well. Buddhists can continue their search for nirvana at the Zeedijk Temple, while Jews can offer their prayers at the Portuguese Synagogue.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Amsterdam:If youʻre booking your trip to Amsterdam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Amsterdam: Guided Bike Tour of Central Amsterdam
- From Amsterdam: Rotterdam, Delft & The Hague Guided Day Tour
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket for 1-3 Days
- Amsterdam: City Canal Cruise and Rijksmuseum
- Amsterdam: Unlimited EU Internet with eSIM Mobile Data